Who stole my Microsoft points? Is it possible to find out?

Hello

About a year ago my Microsoft account was hacked. I was very ashamed because apparently my password wasn't as secure as I thought. Now I am almost over it and I dare ask this question:

Is it possible to find out in retrospect who stole my Microsoft points while hacking me? According to billing.microsoft.com they were used for "GOLD-SET" and for "PREMIUM GOLD JUMBO".  I have no idea what this is but if it is Xbox 360 related then is it perhaps possible to find out which gamertag used these purchases so I could then resort to the German Federal police (or the FBI in the USA if that works better) to catch the person? I assume I wasn't the only one who was hacked and relieved from his points.

Thanks!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Hey Aleph! Very sorry to hear this happened to you. I would recommend contacting support over the phone and open an "Unauthorized Access Case". When you do this, support will look into it and see if you were compromised. If they found you were then they can refund your points, but since it was so long ago I am not certain. It wouldn't hurt to try though, so best of luck if you choose to do so!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.