Who plans to play Dark Souls on Xbox?

I've noticed a number of people discussing Demon's Souls, which was PS3 exclusive, and saying they plan on playing Dark Souls, the follow up.  Which console are you playing Dark Souls on?  I'm assuming most people here are firing it up on Xbox.  Do you expect there to be any differences between the two games?  I heard something about the Xbox port being handled by Nameco Bandai, but I'm assuming it will be pretty much the same game, since controller layouts are the same on both systems.  I can't wait to get my face stomped by the new game.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I'll be getting it on Xbox. And what do you mean the xbox port being handled by Namco Bandai? there publishing it for both Xbox and PS3.

[quote]Dark Souls (ダークソウル Dāku Souru?) is an upcoming video game being developed by From Software, who will also publish the game domestically as an exclusive title for the PlayStation 3.[2] The game will be published on both the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 by Namco Bandai Games. It was previously developed under the codename Project Dark and is the spiritual successor to Demon's Souls.[3] Dark Souls will be released in Japan, exclusively for the PlayStation 3, on September 22, 2011, and for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, on October 4 in North America and on October 7 in Europe of the same year.[1][/quote]

The Japanese version is the one being published by From Software from what I gather. It's not a port though the PS3 is probably the leading platform.

My PS3 is strictly for exclusives. All multiplat games get played on the 360

[quote user="Sword StyIe"]

[/quote]

i plan on renting then maybe purchasing... haven't played  demon souls, but i was interested in it since i mainly play rpg's

[/quote]

Ditto. 

I really think it's a shame that this game has to be dropping so close to games like Rage and Skyrim, as it's surely going to be overshadowed come this fall. Never the less I'm rather excited to play through it, and hopefully there's a few loop's as there was in Demon Souls to make it a little easier. 

[/quote]

This, achievements are better than trophies :P

[quote user="Pinbot Fembot"]

[/quote]

This, achievements are better than trophies :P

[/quote]Exactly

my 360 is being used only for exclusives and established trilogies and franchises i've already got going on the 360 that i haven't brought over to the ps3, everything else is going to the ps3...so i will obviously be getting dark souls, if i get dark souls, on my little black baby.

I generally do the same as some of you, which is play exclusives on my PS3, and most everything else on the Box.  I've thought about this one quite a bit...it has such a strong following on the PS3, and the community really contributes to making this game better.  I'm just hoping to see a good group of people on Xbox really take hold of this game.  I agree about the timing though...5 weeks prior to Skyrim is a tough market, but hopefully in that time it really catches on.  I played about 3 hours of coop and PvP tonight and the servers were packed.  Hard to believe what a strong following this still has so long after release.