Who Here Actually Uses Kinect with Mass Effect 3?

I don't. It's a cool integration that doesn't require you to dance around like an idiot like other games... but its still just not as convenient as tapping (A) to open a door. Besides, my Kinect picks up sounds from the tv too much. I've used the Kinect tuner. Isn't it only supposed to pick up my voice? Not the person's voice who Shepard is talking to and selecting a choice I didn't pick?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I used it quite a bit.

I haven't even tried it.

I use it. I find it entertaining to shout out the commands to my squadmates. It actually causes me to think on my feet since I can't just pause my game to review my actions.

I want to add that I do not use it for actual gameplay commands. I use it during cutscenes. Choosing my dialogue.

I have not used it yet. I don't think i ever will though. I already beat the game twice, i do not feel like doing another playthrough just to test out the voice commands for kinect.

I was actually curious to know the answer to this question as well. As I get older, I'm starting to realize more & more now the ridiculousness of modern household "virtual gaming". I'm too old to ever be seen jumping around my living room like a crazy person, using my arms as a fake assault rifle. Just not my cup of tea.

I still don't get how the same "enhancements" couldn't be implemented with normal mics.

[quote user="BlackSilverAce"]

I still don't get how the same "enhancements" couldn't be implemented with normal mics.

[/quote]Exactly. If it weren't for my Kinect picking up my TV all the time... or not being able to hear me over my TV, I'd use it more--especially with this game. I'd love to say "Garrus--Sniper Rifle" without having to pause the game in the middle of a firefight. I'd use it, and my AI partner's abilities more often if I didn't have to pause the game basically just to use them.

Because in order for your mic to do that they'd have to spend more time and money programming voice recognition software. Kinect has that already built in.

No.  Not because i dislike the feature, but because i'm a 37 year old adult and my wife would disown me if i began shouting out inane instructions to the tv.

-

-

It's bad enough that i speak to random people. Both my wife and kids already think i need to get out more.