Whiskey Tango Foxtrot ? Can't Reply on Forums

Really HAAAATE!! the new Forum system.  It's a pain to navigate, and just  !#**#$%!ing  ponderous to work with.

I was a regular poster in the RDR and other forums, and now that I'm trying  the new system (after waiting forever for the gamethreads to show up), for some reason I can't reply on any existing threads.

Yeah, I know, this isn't the best place to ask if anyone has ideas as to why, but guess what?  There's no other forum that would be appropriate for such questions.  So I figure I'll take a stab in the dark on my favorite forum.

Thoughts? 

When I hit the reply button, it disappears............aaaaaand that's it.   The button on that post just disappears, and nothing else happens.  Apparently (if this post works) I can start a new topic, and that's about all.

If anyone has a clue as to what might be the problem, I'd appreciate it. 

BTW: Please excuse me if I don't respond to your suggestion (see above).

Thanks

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Until yesterday, I had the same problem.  If you're using Internet Explorer, the workaround to this problem for now is to launch an InPrivate browsing window (Ctrl+Shift+P), then log in.  It seems to be an issue with the Xbox.com cookies.  If you're using a different flavor of browser, someone else may be able to jump in with a suggestion. 

Since you're just jumping back into the forums, feedback related to the new forums can be left here.  There are plenty of threads there addressing the current issues in the new forum.  They can be pretty informative as far as getting used to things.

And welcome back! 

Finally an answer and a working fix to the problem…

it’s too bad that MS forgot the KISS rule on the Xbox forums.

I had to download Google Chrome for it to work for me.

Hey.  Thanks for the Chrome idea.

Looks like I'm in business.

I had an issue with FireFox when I updated to FF5.  I cleared my cookies and my cache and it's been working since then.  

Also you can post questions like this here.  If you have any questions shoot me a PM.

I do not like firefox 5... but this fix with the InPrivate browsing does work.

[quote user="Talus 509"]

If you're using Internet Explorer, the workaround to this problem for now is to launch an InPrivate browsing window (Ctrl+Shift+P), then log in.  It seems to be an issue with the Xbox.com cookies.  If you're using a different flavor of browser, someone else may be able to jump in with a suggestion.   

[/quote]

InPrivate helped fix me as well.  Though I can't say I like that resolution.  Hopefully MS gets the forums fixed.