Which type of Prepaid credit card does Xbox accept?

I just wanted to know which kind of prepaid credit card works on xbox live i live in canada and should i get a prepaid visa or should i get a prepaid mastercard is there even a difference? well please leave suggestion on which type of prepaid credit card i should buy. Thank you!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 139 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I wouldn't link any kind of credit card to your account, they're a pain in the @$$ to remove or cancel memberships from. Go with the MS points or membership cards that you can buy pretty much anywhere that sells games. It'll save you a lot of trouble and frustration in the long run.

^this

Visa Gift cards are what I use - just enough for a one-time purchase of points, and then use the card somewhere else. You can find them at Safeway.

[quote user="FEARecon"]

I wouldn't link any kind of credit card to your account, they're a pain in the @$$ to remove or cancel memberships from. Go with the MS points or membership cards that you can buy pretty much anywhere that sells games. It'll save you a lot of trouble and frustration in the long run.

[/quote]

+3

I got the Walmart reloadable Cash Card (VISA) logo.  I put $100 bucks on it, bought the family four pack and have reloaded it a few times for other purchases . . .  works great and I don't have to worry about my VISA getting charged up.

i got a prepaid mastercard and it doesnt seem to work with the xbox  :(

I would imagine that Microsoft will take your money in any legitimate form of currency you (they) see fit.

Vanilla mastercard (gift card) doesnt work

What I like about the Walmart one is it is reloadable.  I just take it to Walmart and add another 100 and I am ready to go!  

go buy a MS points card , or Live card and do it that way . Lucky me I got my turned off  auto renewal before they changed it.