Which Halo Should I play?

Which Halo game do you reckon I should get first? I love the multi player so awsome maps are required like Blood Gluch, but thats only on reach? You see I also want to follow the story line, I'm not sure if it is one of those game you can just start off from anywhere? If it is then I would just get Reach, however would get totally confused with the story, should I play Anniversary and start the story line from the begining?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Well actually, Halo:Reach is where it all began. It's got the most people on multiplayer out of all the Halos too so I would get it.

Play them in order. They are a story based series and the story is DAMN good.

Halo Anniversary would be first. Then pick up an Xbox version of Halo 2(no multiplayer anymore though), then Halo 3.

ODST and Reach are side games. Reach takes place before Anniversary, but the gameplay advancements makes it worth playing after Halo 3(it's never fun to play the latest version of a game and then "downgrade" to another) ODST takes place during the events of Halo 2 and Halo 3. It'd be best to play it after 3.

Reach has the best campaign (IMO) and it's the first shooter Halo game, chronologically speaking.

-

It's also got the most populated multiplayer and all the new features like Forge World etc.  It's a no-brainer from me - get Halo: Reach!

I say go and get Halo anniversary it's pretty good it's the very first Halo game where it all started. Then get the other Halo games if you like the first one then get Halo 2 ( Xbox 1 game ), Halo 3, Halo 3:ODST, Halo Reach and Halo 4 this November 6 2012!

Thankyou guys, I think the series is worth playing from the start so I'll go anniversary, However do you reckon I should play with old school graphics so when I play halo 2, and 3 it's not too weird because they might not look as good? Also were can I get halo 2, games stores don't sell orignal xbox.

[quote user="OMalleycat 11"]

Thankyou guys, I think the series is worth playing from the start so I'll go anniversary, However do you reckon I should play with old school graphics so when I play halo 2, and 3 it's not too weird because they might not look as good? Also were can I get halo 2, games stores don't sell orignal xbox.

[/quote]I would say play with the new graphics for Halo anniversary they're pretty decent you can switch back and forth pretty quick just hit the back button on the controller. if you can't find Halo 2 to in your stores around your area try online then like amazon http://www.amazon.com/Halo-2-Xbox/dp/B00008J7NZ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1334986208&sr=8-1 or somewhere like that it shouldn't be too hard to find

None. Gameplay is boring and story is weak.

Halo 2 and Halo wars are the only two I have not played. But for some reason ODST had my favorite campaign. Mostly because because of how well the music complimented the dark setting while wandering the streets of  New Mombasa.