Which graphics engine do you think is better for COD: MW3?

cuz I saw the reveal trailer yesterday and it was good as expected , I noticed it was in the MW2 engine , I hope there aren't any glitches in the game when it's released but as it's in the MW2 engine, there'll probably bound to be some somewhere, unless if they've improved since MW2 which I hope they have, I prefer the Black Ops engine but as it's Treyarch owned = no possibility :-/ 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

at the end of the day its basically the cod 4 engine rehashed and barely made any changes to it. they are too lazy to do anything good for their customers.

the treyarch engine blew. it was like a downgrade from the COD4 engine. while i do agree, its very time consuming to create a new game engine from scratch, but it cant be that hard to improve on the current engine. it looks like they have TBH, with some minor touch-ups (the graphics DID look improved), but as long as the gameplay is there and smooth, i wont really complain. plus im a renter anyway lol. the only games ive bought so far new, close to release (or on) have been halo 2 and mortal kombat, with skyrim being the next. if activision actually let the devs take the time out to create their own engine, id have faith in the franchise again.

They are all on the same engines. The the same IDTech 3 (?) that's been upgraded to IW4 and beyond.

Why the game style sucks so much is the lack of commitment from the Lead Art designer from TA's division, they just wanna roll in their millions, they could care less if the game looks any good.  

I'm hoping that MW3 looks like MW2 and is as fast as MW2, but I really hope it plays more like Black Ops than MW2. MW2 was a dumpster fire imo.

I recently popped MW2 in my 360 and was pleased the way the MP played. I find it to be smoother than BO but I still like BO better. Also, the games have all been using the same engine since CoD 4.

CoD2 actually. the same engine they used on the old xbox

Quake 3: Team Arena Actually.  Call of Duty 1 was built on a heavily modified version of the Quake 3 engine and Call of Duty 2 was built on a heavily modified Call of Duty 1 engine.  Doing further research, the Quake 3 engine (id Tech 3) was based off id Tech 2 which was used for Quake 2, which was based off id Tech 1 (Doom and Doom 2).  There may not be any of the original source code left, but who knew MW3 is a direct descendant of Doom?  I did use wikipedia though so I guess this information should be taken with a grain of salt.

I enjoyed Modern Warfare 2 better, the gameplay does seem more fun. However black ops is more worth my while because that is what my friends are playing and there isn't so many grenade launchers and so far 0 hacked lobbies.

Cry Engine 3

[quote user="Trenticle"]

Quake 3: Team Arena Actually.  Call of Duty 1 was built on a heavily modified version of the Quake 3 engine and Call of Duty 2 was built on a heavily modified Call of Duty 1 engine.  Doing further research, the Quake 3 engine (id Tech 3) was based off id Tech 2 which was used for Quake 2, which was based off id Tech 1 (Doom and Doom 2).  There may not be any of the original source code left, but who knew MW3 is a direct descendant of Doom?  I did use wikipedia though so I guess this information should be taken with a grain of salt.

I enjoyed Modern Warfare 2 better, the gameplay does seem more fun. However black ops is more worth my while because that is what my friends are playing and there isn't so many grenade launchers and so far 0 hacked lobbies.

[/quote]

wikipedia or not, thats still insane considering how old those games are.

We probably will not see a new engine until the next gen consoles are released.