Which DLCs should I get?

So I've got enough MS points to get three DLCs, and I'm wondering which ones are worth it.

So I'm asking those of you who have played them, which three are the best and why? (And/Or) Which one is the worst, and why?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

If I had to rank them:

1. Old World Blues - Great story and characters, the best writing (it's the funniest DLC), some great items, nice difficulty, good perks, and a fun area to explore.  It's the best by far and you should absolutely get this one
  2. Lonesome Road - Also a great story with good characters, but more linear.  Some good items and it can be tough at times
  3. Dead Money - A lot of people don't like this one because it's more linear-ish (less so than Lonesome Road), the items range from really good to okay, and you can't go back once you finish it (that's the biggest gripe I have against it).  Still, I like the art design, the difficulty, and it probably has the best story and characters (especially the followers) out of all of the DLCs.  If story is your thing, I'd definitely get it.  If not, you can pass on it
  4. Honest Hearts - I didn't think the story was anything spectacular and there isn't much reason to go back once you finish it, but there are some good characters and items.  Although if exploration is your thing, it's the biggest of all of the DLCs in terms of world area
  5. Gun Runners' Arsenal/Courier's Stash - I'd definitely get these if only because the two of them are $5 total or so.  I'd go for one of the other DLCs first, but you get some great weapons with Gun Runners' Arsenal, which can be particularly helpful in the other DLCs (and it'll allow you to get the most use out of them)

1. lonesome road. took a deccent amount if time, finished off nv on a strong note. lots of cool weapons and armor.

2. dead money, hard/challenging as almost anything ive played, cool stuff and the possibility to get lots of gold.

3. honest hearts, beautiful environment, it rains and the water is clean, decent npcs and joshua graham(burned man) is awesome.

worst is old world blues because its just go here and get that, not a good story to it.

None of them. Save Your money for Fallout 4 when it comes out later this year or early  2013.

If You have to get  a DLC, wait for GOTY to come out later this year and score on all of them for a lower price.  

Lonesome road  is good if You want to outfit You character  early on in the game.

Good armor (Advanced riot gear) to have plus You can use the vendor glitch on the Commissary terminals.

You can return to Vegas at anytime and finish the main quest.

Honest Hearts is pretty cool for the simple fact that Joshua Graham's armor is the best light armor in the game AFAIK, and the .45's (pistol and submachine gun) are just wicked.  Quite a few good melee weapons in there too, and the perks you can choose from are good for the whole game, not just the expansion.  Old World Blues is awesome, a good selection of weapons/armor, and the Stealth Suit Mk.II is incredible, even if it does fall in love with you.  Not to mention the dialog in OWB is some of the best in the whole game, goes back to the off the wall humor from previous fallout games, and the built in perks you get are pretty great, on top of the ones you get to choose from on lvl up.  Dead Money is ok, but if you ask me it's more of a pain in the @$$ than it's worth.  Lonesome Road is good, but it was a little too linear for my tastes.  Good thing about it is you find out a lot about ED-E and get some really good upgrades for him.  And Gunrunner's Arsenal is a must have, too many awesome weapons in there to let it go unnoticed.

aint new vegas fallout 4? then again it the 5th in the series and fallout 3 was the 4th xD

Well technically it is not. When Bethesda purchased the rights, they only muddied the water by not following the first two  Fallout and Fallout 2).

They chose to capitalize off the old fan base by making reference to the old series.

Worked pretty good too. Bethesda coughed up under 6 Million and made 500 Million off Fallout 3 alone.

Throw in New Vegas and they made roughly 250 to 300 million.

Good roll of the dice on their part.

[quote user="The Moland"]

aint new vegas fallout 4? then again it the 5th in the series and fallout 3 was the 4th xD

[/quote]Well technically, Fallout 3 was the fifth title and New Vegas was the sixth (FOBOS was the fifth), but yes, New Vegas shouldn't been Fallout 3 and Fallout 3 should've been some semi-cannon spin-off

[quote user="gutsycmor"]

Well technically it is not. When Bethesda purchased the rights, they only muddied the water by not following the first two  Fallout and Fallout 2).

They chose to capitalize off the old fan base by making reference to the old series.

Worked pretty good too. Bethesda coughed up under 6 Million and made 500 Million off Fallout 3 alone.

Throw in New Vegas and they made roughly 250 to 300 million.

Good roll of the dice on their part.

[/quote]They "capitalized" on us by publishing a good game that was something we had wanted for about a decade.  Nothing wrong with that

Precisely Maul and Bethesda IMO gave a very good game to play.

True the game did veer from canon (Wasteland, Fallout and Fallout 2) I believe the franchise is in capable hands and afterall gaing is a business so who are We to chastise Bethesda for gambling on Fallout 3 and New Vegas to make 3/4 of a billion dollars ( I do blame Obsidian for lowsey negotiating give them about a three percent cut in the profits).

I do wish Bethesda would handle they P.R better on the release of Fallout 4.

What would have kept fans interested more  would be fans input in where Fallout 4 were to be played and maybe character creation.

It's been almost a year to the day since the last add on was released and almost 2 years since New Vegas.

Hell it's been almost 4 years since the release of Fallot 3, long enough for the release of Fallout 4.