Where's the Fine Line with Map Rotation?

If I enable DLC content, it's almost impossible to get a launch map & if I disable DLC content, it takes forever to find a game. I don't remember having an issue in old cods getting a good mix between launch & DLC maps so I'm guessing it's because of Elite & monthly content drops.

--

Has anyone else noticed this? I only play Merc, Dom & Killcon so I have no idea how it is in the other 40 playlists.

 

Discussion Info


Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

i disable the dlc just to get games

with dlc enabled i keep getting that message or put into 4 v 4 or 3 v 3 games in progress

What do you play? I get in games lickity split w/ DLC enabled, of course it's DLC maps 99% of the time and more often than not it's Foundation -- that damn map comes up ALL the time.

90% of the time barebones the other 10% i play mercenary 

yeah i play ground war a lot, and 90% of the time with DLC enabled Foundation comes up majority of the time then Oasis after that. I can't stand Foundation its a campers best friend, but a lot of people vote for it, I really hope they do something with the map rotations very soon i miss Over watch.

@ColonelBoston I'd bet the Merc playlist has a lot to do with not finding games. With it being one if the least populated game types the players are probably spread worldwide plus the game has a local only search built in now I think which wont help. There was another thread where someone had a similar problem with the CTF playlist, if I remember right it and the Merc playlist have similar numbers on them. 402 did say back when content drop one released the map selection will be top heavy on the new ones. Get on Twitter and complain about it to @InfinityWard, I'm sure you're not the only person having this problem and the more of you make the aware the better.

[quote user="DC ONE23"]

yeah i play ground war a lot, and 90% of the time with DLC enabled Foundation comes up majority of the time then Oasis after that. I can't stand Foundation its a campers best friend, but a lot of people vote for it, I really hope they do something with the map rotations very soon i miss Over watch.

[/quote]

You don't like Foundation because of campers, but you miss Overwatch? Overwatch, in my experience, is the campiest map in the game (tied w/ Black Box).

People love their sniper maps...

"People like their quickscoping maps..."

.

Fixed that for you.

Ha ha, well i guess its a matter of perspective then, I feel that Over-watch and some of the other newer maps have a lot more flanking routes than foundation, i don't mind snipers/campers as long as there are multiple routes throughout the map so I can at least attempt to weed them out!