Where Do You Stand In This Year’s FPS War?

Call of Duty has been on top of the FPS world for several years now, with annual editions putting up insane sales numbers. However, this fall sees the arrival of its biggest competition to date in the form of Battlefield 3. Where do you stand in the upcoming FPS war, and why?

Try to keep the discussion civilized instead of a flame war, and discuss why you’re buying one of them, both of them, or neither.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hey everyone! Lets go beat a head horse!

Battlefield 3, I'm done with COD!! Battlefield is gonna have good co-op and is going to be tactical! I've always loved playing BF2 on the pc so I'll be getting BF3 for pc and xbox 360!

Really ....................

Deus Ex wins

Call of Duty will always win.....with sales.  Not quality though.  

This year, I sold 4-5 FPS games that I bought 8 or so months ago.  I just didn't feel like playing them.  It made me wonder if I was getting burnt out on FPS or not.  Either way, I am looking forward to Rage but that's it for me and FPS this year.  No BF, CoD, MW. 

BF3 will be nothing short of amazing. Stunning visuals, sound, and intense multi-player combat.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

[quote user="ChickinOnaChain"]

This year, I sold 4-5 FPS games that I bought 8 or so months ago.  I just didn't feel like playing them.  It made me wonder if I was getting burnt out on FPS or not.  Either way, I am looking forward to Rage but that's it for me and FPS this year.  No BF, CoD, MW. 

[/quote]

Starting to feel the same way about FPS's. They're a dime a dozen nowadays with nothing that feels innovative or thought out in terms of story or gameplay. I've been trying to expand my horizons with flying/racing and strategy games. BF3 is really the only shooter I'm interested in anymore and I'm starting to wonder if I won't be completely burnt out on the idea of playing it by the time it releases. Deus Ex was the first FPS in a long time where I felt I was actually playing something new and not a copy of a copy of some other shooter.

Battlefield 3. I only plan on 3 games for 2011 that are still to be released, BF3 being one, Dead Island and Skyrim. I'm gonna catch up on LA Noire, Crysis 2 and a couple others before I get MW3..used.

L.A. Noire was fun but not as fun as Red Dead Redemption.  A friend rented it from Blockbuster and we beat it in three days.  I want to buy it so I can get the G.  I recently played Battlefield 2...DAMN...RIGHTEOUS.  I love COD and I'll buy MW3 first but Battlefield gon' get my skrilla too.