Where do I file a complaint about a cheater?

I was watching my boys play Halo Reach MM tonight, and one opponent was somehow getting guaranteed headshots on everyone -- even from across the map.  He never missed the head.  I'm certain he was using an aimbot, so how do I report him?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

You watch the game in theater AFTER the game is played, not during.

You go to theater, select the film from the temporary file history, and once in the film you toggle to the alleged cheater's perspective and watch the film.

It's actually exceedingly difficult to get a mod or hack in Reach and it not be detected by Microsoft. If the guy was really using a hack chances are Microsoft already has him console banned by now.

Most folks swear they're facing a cheater but what they're really experiencing is really bad lag. If you're gaming party is experiencing a really bad network connection, your XBox won't play the game in front of you in real time as it's really happening, visually it will skip parts to try to keep up with the game, but data wise it will record and replicate the data perfectly.

So the data may tell your XBox you got hit in the head, because you did, but lag may prevent it from rendering the video of you being hit in the head, instead it may skip a few frames in an effort to try to keep you where you need to be.

Lag is more likely than cheaters. And if it was a real cheater, he's probably out shopping for a new XBox right now because the one he used to cheat with is probably permanently booted off XBox Live by now.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

You could have filed a complaint anyway if you were certain he was cheating, that way the Enforcement Team would have been able to review the complaint and decide if he was cheating, and then give them a possible suspension to prevent them playing again.

-

Also, if you don't like a player, avoid them by submitting a player review, this way your kids won't encounter them in-game again (or it will be unlikely).

Sorry this didn't help.

PICKLE, I understand the gravity of filing a complaint.  My boys were the ones playing, so I don't know how I was supposed to watch this one player in theater without disrupting my boys game play.  Considering that the kid (I'm assuming so from his gamertag) was ranked a corporal, and his head shot ratio was 100% even when jumping, snap shots, etc., it's a really good bet he was cheating.  When my boys got killed from across the map, they switched to his POV, and you couldn't even see my boys' figures.  If they run into him again, I'll have them follow him in theater and then file the complaint.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

If you are 100% sure after reviewing the video you can take these steps to report a player.

[quote]To report a player you will need to follow these steps.

• Press the Guide button and select Friends.
  • Scroll right to Players, then select the user.
  • From a game lobby: Select the user.
  • Select View Profile.
  • Select File Complaint.
  • Review the information here and when you're ready, select File Complaint again.
  • Select one of the following reasons for filing the complaint: Text Message, Voice Message ,Voice Chat In-Game Voice , or others that may apply to the issue. 

Also more information on the xbox report system can be found HERE.

[/quote]

Sorry this didn't help.

I would recommend watching the gameplay in theater from the players point of view because you should be able to tell  if he is obviously using a mod or aimbot of some sort.  Just make sure you are relatively certain before filing a complaint on a player. :)

Sorry this didn't help.

You would need to view his profile on the console. There is an option to file a complaint there.

Sorry this didn't help.