Where can I get Detect Life?

Been looking for Detect Life and can't find it anywhere.  Anyone know where to get this?  Thanks

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

I don't know about a book but there is a dragon shout "Aura Whisper" which casts long range detect life on yourself for 10 seconds. You can find the words in Northwind Summit (The Rift), Valthume (The Reach) and Volunruud (The Pale).

I haven't came across any spell books, scrolls or items that give life detect yet.

Anyone know if Night Eye has returned as a spell? I used Detect Life and Night Eye all the time for cave hopping in Oblivion.

Magelight probably replaces Night Eye, but I don't know for certain.

I found a couple detect life scrolls in the dwarven ruin you go to during the thieves guild quest line. but oustide of that I've only seen the shout.

i havent come across night-eye either. but i picked up a tome in one of the dungeons while exploring, but even though its a novice skill, it costs SOOOO much to cast.

[quote user="PIRATE DUCK"]

i havent come across night-eye either. but i picked up a tome in one of the dungeons while exploring, but even though its a novice skill, it costs SOOOO much to cast.

[/quote]

I couldn't believe how much magika it ate up for such a short duration.