Where can I buy a iron helmet?

I don't even know which city I'm it, it's either whiterun in windhelm, I'm not good with the names yet...

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

You can purchase one or make one from iron ingots at Riverwood, the very first town you visit when escaping at the start of the game. It's much more rewarding to make it yourself, and you get Smithing experience.

There everywhere. Riverwood is most likely the quickest place. You can also make one. I've been wearing the mages hood tho.

I was going to say they're everywhere but I was beaten to it - I've come across around 10 so far, either for sale, on someone I've killed or just lying around the world.

FYI ***small spoilers***

While escaping through the underground at the start of the game, your companion will stop you near a bear and ask if you want to sneak or use a bow. Just before that a cart with a coin purse is sitting next to a lantern and a free iron helmet.

I ended up making myself one :P

[quote user="DDW2009"]

I ended up making myself one :P

[/quote]

That's the way to be! I have a funny feeling that my Smithing skill tree is going to be maxed out by the time I finish this playthrough...

yeah, they are everywhere. I think there is one lying on a workbench at the smithing area in riverwood (first place you go).