When you first saw Halo ...

Where you blinded by it's majesty?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

My first introduction to Halo was with Halo 2.

Halo 2 . I had just purchased an xbox and was convinced to buy Halo 2.  I didnt really like the campaign much but I also didnt know anything about it.  So I asked what all the Halo 2 hype was and was told to check out the matchmaking.  I loved the online matchmaking multiplayer!!!  Was addicted for 3 years straight.  The trueskill matchmaking was by far the most innovative feature for a multiplayer game.

Halo 3 - I love everything about this game including the co-op campaign and matchmaking multiplayer.   My only complaint is that I wish we could play the co-op campaign with other people instead of just friends.  The co-op campaign really needed a lobby system so we could search for other members.  The multiplayer was very fun.

Halo ODST  - Worst game of the series. Campaign was terrible and way too short.  Firefight was fun but needed matchmaking or a way to play with other players besides just friends.

Halo Reach - So far Halo Reach has been an excellent game. The co-op campaign is not as FUN as Halo 3.  But the multiplayer is very good with all the right improvements.  Plus now we have matchmaking for firefight, the campaign,  and many great new features.  So I think overall Halo Reach is the best of the series.  I just wish the co-op campaign was as fun as Halo 3.

Halo Wars  This was a fun and basic RTS with some incredible cut scenes.

Halo CE Anniversary was fun. I liked the ability to swap graphics with the click of a button. Only played through the co-op in that 1 time.

Halo 4.   I am still a bit nervous with all the changes. Some are similar to COD. Not happy about removing Firefight. Still not even sure if it will have a co-op campaign.

Yes, yes I was. I was also introduced to Halo with Halo 2, but have played CE 4 or 5 times through. I'm extremely excited for Halo 4.

The first time I played Halo I was over at a friend's house. We were pretty bored, so he asked if I wanted to play some Xbox (I was a PS2 guy so this was my first time playing an Xbox at all). He let me decide between a few games, two of them being Halo CE and Halo 2. I choose to play Halo CE first and have been hooked ever since, so I guess my answer to your question is yes. The main reason I even got an Xbox 360 was for Halo.

Started with Combat Evolved and have played them all as they have released.

Combat Evolved has been my favorite for everything (single and multi)

I have enjoyed the other but multiplayer sorta started going down hill after H3. The multiplayer is still fun to play just didn't care for the Armour Abilities that Reach brought (but I do not hate them just feel indifferent about them). I didn't mind the bloom... I actually kind of liked it.

While ODST was short (even by yourself on legendary you can beat it in 6 hours) I enjoyed it because it felt different. Wandering around the city in the dark trying to piece together what happened to the rest of your squad. It was fun.

H4 seem like it will be fun. Looking forward to it. Have my Limited Edition already paid off.

I was introduced to Halo going to a friends house and playing the first Halo and that experience prompted me to get an xbox and Halo as it's first game. I remember the hours spent playing LAN multiplayer at my friend's house setting up multiplayer bouts on sidewinder.

Halo was introduced to me in 2004. I was 7 at the time. (No pun intended)

I was visiting good friend, watching TV, bored out of my mind. My friend was asking his mother if he could bring his Xbox downstairs to the living room. A moment later, he brought his Xbox down along with a few games. I remember  in which I was interested in perfectly: Halo: CE, and Halo 2.

I asked to play Halo CE first, then Halo 2 later. My friend started the game and set the difficulty on Heroic. I didn't know what the difficulty was until I beat it. The only part I was dying on was the level "The Library". I died more than 20 times that day.

The day after I have beaten Halo CE, I was eager to know what happened next. So I went to my friend's house once more to play and beat Halo 2. Same deal as last time, Heroic difficulty played through it without a problem, but I noticed something. My HUD was different. I noticed that I was playing as an Elite. (I killed myself multiple times for an unknown reason)

I have beaten Halo 2's campaign. That was when my friend woke up from a nap and grabbed a controller. I told him that I didn't want him to wreck me in Halo 2's multiplayer, as well. Ignoring my complaining, he clicks the multiplayer button, we both set our colors, (I used Teal and white, he used all red) and our emblems. All of a sudden, I see on the screen, "searching for players". I was stoked that we were able to play against other people, I lost a few matches, but I learned how to play eventually.

Years later, I play Halo 3... everything's a blur here.

A few more years later, I am 13 years old, Christmas morning. I get my Xbox 360, a copy of Halo Reach, and a gold membership. It has taken me a few months to get back in the Warthog saddle. A year later, it is July 2nd. It is my 14th birthday. I get Halo 3: ODST. I have beaten it on normal in one day, played a bit of Firefight, and looked at a few reviews on the interwebs. I could not believe some of the reviews I saw. In my opionion, I found ODST to be enjoyable. Bah, I could care less.

TL:DR, Halo was, and still is, and will always be a great ride for me, I'm loving every moment of it, and I am pumped for Halo 4. :)

(Riveting post, am I right? :P)  

It all started with CE for me. Split screen mayhem was the served up just about every night summer of 02. We all thought up  names. TJ Moss, Nigel Smith, MoJo, and then of course Miami Jackson(which later became my GT obviously).

Halo CE: got it for christmas when i was 10 and loved it

Halo 2 : got it the day it came out and it was amazing. I played the multiplayer up until the 360 came out

Halo3 : Absolute perfection. The best multiplayer game ever made. have like 4000 matches played.

Halo 3 ODST : fun campaign and firefight was cool. Pissed there was no matchmaking for it.

Halo Reach : Played the beta for this for 1 match and quit. Got the game and hoped the multiplayer was better than the beta. Was really disappointed when it was worse than the beta. I've only played like 400 games on it 300 of which are firefight.  Says a lot about the game when someone who has played 4k matches of the previous one cant even hit 500 in the new one.

Halo 4 : Was hoping this would be good but it felt like reach and the mechanics are taken right from COD.

My theory as to why Halo is becoming more like COD is because they're trying to get people that only play COD to buy their game because its seems so similar. Its pretty messed up that they would purposely ruin the game just to make more money. I'm just waiting for the next infinity ward game to be set in space and have bungie co-make it.

CALL OF DUTY : FUTURE WARFARE made by BUNGIE

^ Wait, you've played Halo 4?

And Bungie co-make a game with Infinity Ward, are you serious? lol.  Infinity Ward are a terrible developer, Bungie are excellent.  Why would bungie ever want to affiliate themselves with IW and the COD series?

Hahaha wow. Seriously though, that's a bit of an exaggerated judgement. You've played, what, 1 or 2 games on an unfinished build of the game? Saying that it plays like COD (especially with all of the footage we've seen to this point) is just ridiculous and only the sadly uninformed gamer would believe such a claim.

~

By the way, Bungie doesn't make Halo anymore. Just saying that alone negates a lot of the credibility of your claims. 343 Industries is the new face and the future of the Halo franchise.