When will we see ME2 on demand?

I have ME1 and long ago finished, with ME3 out, I want to get back up to speed. I have a stock pile of M$ points and would love this to go on demand! And then ME3 shortly afterwards =]

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 12 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Not sure although the fact that ME2 is on 2 discs might be a stumbling block.

I think games on demand are basically just DVD rips of games

Hi, im waiting too, but it seems MS is angry for Bioware/EA crossing to the "dark Side" (PS3) , so it seems they don´t have the intention to release it

[quote user="Macta Svr"]

Hi, im waiting too, but it seems MS is angry for Bioware/EA crossing to the "dark Side" (PS3) , so it seems they don´t have the intention to release it

[/quote]Mass Effect 2 being multi-platform doesn't bear any weight on whether or not it ends up on the Xbox Live Marketplace as a Games on Demand title.

The simple fact that it's two discs and takes up a large volume of storage space is the determining factor if I were to take a stab at guessing.

That's why you don't see titles such as Lost Odyssey as a prime example on the Games on Demand list, it's four discs and to have that stored on Microsoft's servers as a Games on Demand title would simply take up too much data storage. Obviously I have no concrete information as to why ME 2 isn't on the GoD list, but I would venture to bet it has to do with storage/size limitations.

If I remember correctly Mass Effect 2 with both discs installed is 12.4 gigs, and to address Mass Effect 3 and whether or not we'll see it on GoD, it's also rather large install size coming in at 14.6 gigs.

I agree with crypticzer0. I looked up to see the largest download on GoD and noticed NBA2k12 is the largest at 7.52gb. Since they've been dropping the price on mass effect and the dlc recently, I would hope something in the near future...

LA Noire is on GoD.

-

However with that game you download "disc 1" and then the other discs are treated as DLC.

id like to see it in games on demand i dont wanna swap discs all the time

same here. I want mass effect 2 and 3 from on demand

As others have said, due to the size of the data for Mass Effect 2, the liklihood of it being available for download on Games on Demand is slim to nil. True the PS3 can support larger files for download, hence why the entire ME trilogy can be downloaded there off the PSN, the way MS has XB Marketplace and GoD setup, there's obviously not enough data storage etc available.

So, until otherwise stated by MS in any official capacity, you're stuck with the discs on Xbox 360.

dead space has two discs and its on demand imo idc how big it is id like to see it on demand same as 3

It's not just up to Microsoft, but also BioWare and EA if they'll give permission for it to be made available on the Xbox 360's GoD. In any event, it's up to the powers that be if they'll ever bring ME2 and ME3 to GoD... regardless of how much gamer's want it.