When will retailers be able to sell digital game codes?

Amazon sells PSN codes for PS3/PS4, When will amazon be able to sell game codes for XB1? I'd love to see competitive pricing on electronic purchases.  I don't want to buy any more media based games, the benefits of digital downloads on XB1 are way to good to deal with disks anymore.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 13 Applies to:

If you are wanting to buy from an online retailer why couldn't you use the same payment method to buy directly from Microsoft? Just curious as to why you would want to get a code from Amazon rather than directly getting a game from Microsoft.

I could understand it if you had said Target or Walmart etc :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

One of the reasons could be that other online retailers might offer different payment options that better suit you. But still the main point, I guess, would be forcing competitive prices for digital versions.

Sorry this didn't help.

@Bazajaytee

We don't want to buy it from MS simply because they are selling "old" games for 60$ when Amazon offers new PS4 games for 35$. Most of the times (whatever you look for) you can half the prices on Amazon vs MS store.

Most of the time Amazon are even cheaper with regular prices instead of buying from MS store when they have sales.

Sorry this didn't help.