When daliblo 3 post come to the 360?

Becoues I heard the developer making one.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

The only thing I've heard is that Blizzard is actively considering bringing Diablo 3 to consoles. Nowhere does it mention them actually moving forward with it yet, so there isn't a release date. If it did happen, my guess would be in late 2012 to early/mid 2013.

it won't come to 360 because MS won't allow updates to the game, bizzard likes to do at least 1 major patch/year on their games... they usually have a few hotfixes also.

funny enough, i'm looking at an advertisement for diablo 3 on the spotlight block of game marketplace...i'm not expecting any kinda announcement from blizzard for at least a year or two, and doubting it'll be anywhere other than blizz-con, but it's funny coincidence.

in the advertisement it says for PC and Mac... I wouldn't  expect it or something.

They haven't announced anything yet but it's possible. If they can downgrade Battlefield on the console, they can do it to Diablo 3 to be playable on consoles.

US Revenge that's not entirely true, look at BF3. That game for 360 has already had 3 or 4 patches and it hasn't been a year yet. Maybe it's an exception but who knows.

well to be fair, the graphical quality of a typical blizzard game is slightly lesser than what you might find in battlefield 3. i'm sure there wouldn't be much difference between the pc/mac version and a theoretical potential xbox/ps3 version, in terns of controls and visuals.

EA Paid to put out those patches.  also incase your one of those PC folk, Battlefield sells more on console now.

Blizzard sells mostly on PC, so why put it on console for them?

they would have to make the game and pay to update the game.

they also have the Auction house for real money thing, which xbox live physically cannot do.

i suspect its more then just "we don't want to" for no diablo on console, specifically xbox.

I played both BF3 on Xbox 360 and PC. I prefer BF3 on PC for obvious reasons though.

Well I was just using an extreme example saying BF3. Diablo 3 on consoles would work, IF they wanted to.

Revenge, if Battlefield is paying for these updates and continue to make games for consoles shows they are making a profit. So why wouldn't Blizzard want to follow their example. As for the auction house, they already have a bunch of games that tell you not to purchase from the marketplace because you can be charged twice. So I would assume from that, you'd be buying directly from them. I could be wrong about it entirely though.

But even though it's a possibility and all, I agree with you and doubt it would ever come to 360. Just like DC Universe game and other games similar to that. It probably be on PS3 more than anything else. Come to think about it, last time I saw a Blizzard game on the consoles was Starcraft on N64.

Urgh.  I wish I knew the answer now.  I plan on getting a new PC so I can play Diablo III.  I wouldn't bother if it were coming to xbox 360.

[quote user="US Revenge"]

it won't come to 360 because MS won't allow updates to the game, bizzard likes to do at least 1 major patch/year on their games... they usually have a few hotfixes also.

[/quote]Well that doesn't have to be the case. Because GOW 2 and 3 were always altering their online gameplay without MS certification for patches. If as usual Blizzard runs their online servers for it, they can always alter the online portion without going through updates via XBL.

As for when it comes to consoles. No official announcement will be made until after it has been launched on PC. Once they are happy with the PC versions launch they will look at a console version and make an announcement whether or not they will go ahead with porting it. 

Not sure how many times this question has been asked and answered in the last year, but it must be heading into double digits now.