Whats wrong with my disk

just got a new game and it wont read. ill put in the disk and it wud read as a dvd. when i eject it and put it in again it shows as a game and when i try to play it  it says disk is unreadable. ive tried all the clear cahce stuff cleaning it and ntohing works. any ideas

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

oh and also i cant even view the game details

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Does this happen with every game, or just that one? If it's just that one then it's a disc issue and you should return it for a new one. If it's happening with every disc then your console may need repair.

Sorry this didn't help.

What is the new game in question? It sounds like mostly a disc issue specifically, like the disc may have been damaged or not made properly. I would take LostButSeeking's advice if it is just a matter of the one disc itself.

If it is the game itself, then return it and try picking up another one. If another copy of the game is still having issues, I would call in to ask about the game specifically.

If you are having issues with many different types of discs - other games, DVDs, CDs with music on them - then I would either call in to tech support or schedule a repair through the website.

Sorry this didn't help.