Whats the point in leveling up?

I just think its totally pointless, why be able to level up if the world basically levels up around you? i find it stupid that monsters also level if you do

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Not sure if trolling or stupid.

why wouldnt you want them to scale with you, if your level 81 and enemys dont scale it would make the game pretty boring and combat pointless as you could just look at anything living and kill it.   are you getting owned by monsters, change up your playstyle.

thats the idea of being the best level to be totally dominant?

yes and you will be dominant at level 81. what level are you at currently or are you having an issue with something specific?

You must be new to RPGs, because every RPG is like that. Why do we level up in RPG games? Why that is probably the most dumbest question ever. Let me enlighten you:

1. RPGs (such as Skyrim and many others) don't play like stupid multiplayer games like CoD. You level up in games like Skyrim to improve your skills. Such has making pickpocketing easier.

2. Perks. Perks make the game more fun and gives you special abilities to give variety to your game. We LEVEL UP for perks.

3. Why enemies level up with you? So that the game doesn't go to the point where there is no challenge. No challenge means everything is easy, and where is the fun in that? Therefore, the game becomes pointless. Enemies level with you so that the game can still be fun no matter what level you are. If you can't handle that, then I suggest you grow a pair, or play a more 'simple' game.

4. Looting. The higher your level, the better chances of finding some awesome loot while searching through chest. Then you use that loot to go against those enemies that are a high level like you.

Now I hope you understand the holy ways of RPGs.

36 and no was just making a point haha

[quote user="Legion64"]

[/quote] or both

[quote user="Fear Thy Waffle"]

[quote user="Legion64"]

[/quote] or both

[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing. Still, I am proud of my 'Four laws of RPGs" paragraph.

[quote user="Legion64"]

[quote user="Fear Thy Waffle"]

[quote user="Legion64"]

[/quote] or both

[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing. Still, I am proud of my 'Four laws of RPGs" paragraph.

[/quote] i too enjoyed your  4 laws of rpgs.  i couldnt imagine an rpg witout scalling enemys.

turn it to very easy, and ta-da, you have an easy game, where scaling matters not. =) maybe itll get slightly hard at high levels. without armor/ect.