Whats the best TV for gaming?

As of right now the TV I game on is a 26 inch LCD Toshiba tv which is VERY OLD. On the back it says it was built in like 2003. It has full HD though and it seems ok for me to game on. For the living room TV we have a 32 inch plasma Pioneer elite TV.  I'm pretty sure this is old too and we got these TV's around like 2005-2006.

My question is should I stick with the 26 inch LCD tv for gaming or should I get a new tv? Which TV is best for gaming? Whats the best screen size and tv type LED, LCD or plasma? Should I take the 32 inch plasma and game on that and get a new tv for the living room? idk what I should do the lcd tv I currently have right now is ok and its got full hd.

Any tv under $1000 would be preferable. What do you guys think?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I game on a 65in Toshiba DLP. I use to play on a 40in Hitachi Plasma but felt the DLP had better lighting. Thats just my opinion though. i can play on any tv as long as its High Def

I think the tv your using is just fine. If you want to upgrade I'd say go for a LED hdtv. It's slim, consumes less power, and you get better lighting (some just as good or better than plasma tvs.).

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

Get a 30" Dell Ultrasharp.  It will be better than any TV on the market.

For gaming, go with LCD over plasma, as plasma runs the risk of burn-in. As far as LCD displays go, Sony has the most natural picture to be found... And that's what you should be looking for.

There are pros & cons to LCDs with LED backlighting. Check this article...

www.lcdtv.net/.../lcd-vs-led

Its weird how I see so many people saying they game on like a 60 inch or above tv. Do you really need a tv THAT big? I used to play on one of those non hd tv's then I used one of our old LCD tv's with full hd to game on.

I guess if I do upgrade I'll go with LCD or LED but NOTHING above a 32 inch lol. I don't game in the living room I game in my own room so it wouldn't be good to have a huge monster sized tv.

BTW how much would it even cost for a monster sized tv (50inch and above) that is LCD or LED? I want a reliable brand like Panasonic, Pioneer, Sony, Samsung, or Toshiba. Not those cheap branded TV's I see from Insignia or Dynex.

One more question as long as my TV is 1080p its ok right? I can't seem to find any TV's that are under 40 inches that have 120hz.

Would 60hz be okay for gaming or do I need 120hz? Would you see a big difference?

[quote user="Y3llowFellow"]

Its weird how I see so many people saying they game on like a 60 inch or above tv. Do you really need a tv THAT big? I used to play on one of those non hd tv's then I used one of our old LCD tv's with full hd to game on.

I guess if I do upgrade I'll go with LCD or LED but NOTHING above a 32 inch lol. I don't game in the living room I game in my own room so it wouldn't be good to have a huge monster sized tv.

BTW how much would it even cost for a monster sized tv (50inch and above) that is LCD or LED? I want a reliable brand like Panasonic, Pioneer, Sony, Samsung, or Toshiba. Not those cheap branded TV's I see from Insignia or Dynex.

[/quote]Your looking at over $1,000 minimum for full hdtvs of that size.

[quote user="LOL AT UR SKILL"]

Your looking at over $1,000 minimum for full hdtvs of that size.

[/quote]

No offense to you, but I hate the term full HD. There's no such a thing. It's just a term someone came up with to push the highest priced sets to people who don't really know much about display technology. All full HD means is something is running at the highest resolution currently available. It's not really full, as the pixel count can go higher. If there wre such a thing as full HD, there would basically be no pixel count, as all picture elements would have to be continuous.

Wow, I didn't realize 1080p sets of that size were so cheap nowadays. You can really pick one up in the $1,000 and above range? It's been a while since I've priced them. I have a 47" 1080p set which went for $2,500 at the time I purchased it (although I didn't pay that much for it).

Yeah that is how much I got my 50" inch for.

I'm on a 40" Samsung LED TV. Xbox looks absolutely beautiful on it. Whether it's better or worse than anything else, I can't say. All I know... I love it.