what's happened to the banter on xbox live?

been playing halo reach and gears of war 2 and noticed no one speaks! Im expecting banter between teams or general chat and i get silence. people use pivate chat a lot maybe?  i miss the trash talk

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Most people got sick of it and stick to private chat with a party :S

Party chat happened. I'd rather just talk to my friends, and apparently most other people feel the same way

More like idiot "gamers" that spout nothing but vulgarities to everyone happened and made us flee to party chat.

2 words: Party Chat

Most people are too afraid to listen or talk into the mic. Live has become more like Wii online, silent and boring.

A very good feature that came with a bad side effect.  

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

It just get tiring in those public lobbies.  And people complain that there is no teamwork in a game because of party chat, but it is not like there was any teamwork before party chat came along. It is cause the players who blast music through the microphone (and its usually horrible, I get it you are the metalest dude in the world no need to force that on everyone), and the swearing.  I am no saint but it seems people swear just to swear.  Good trash talk is great but online it is not even clever.

That is why the lobbies are silent, that is why there is no strategizing.  It is the gaming community as a whole, not party chat.  I am sure that is what led to party chat being demanded.  I blame the gaming community and party chat is a welcome relief.

No need for a good excuse.  I hate everyone.

it gets boring

I just found it hard to actually get some friendly banter going. I used to love some friendly trash talking, but now its not friendly trash talk, it's just trash talk. People either seem to be hyper competitive or of the belief that having your real name hidden entitles you to insult everyone else.

On that note, you're all ugly and your Mummies dress you funny :D