What's your favorite music to listen to while killing stuff?

I'm not saying that Marty didn't do a fantastic job (as usual), but do you guys ever listen to something other than the in-game music while you're playing? Just wondering if there was anyone else out there. :)

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Nah. I find that outside music takes away from the experience. Halo has always had beautiful and iconic music. And I'm a HUGE fan of Marty's work. Halo doesn't feel like Halo without an orchestra.

Well, I find there's a lack of auditory stimulation when playing multiplayer, which is what i'm doing 95% of the time. So I usually listen to Nu-Metal (KoRn!!! =D) or on weekends I'll usually listen to dubstep (Skrillex).

I don't always listen to music while playing, but when I do I'll usually put on some Charles Hamilton or some Deftones with the volume lowered enough where it's just background music and I can still hear shots fired, footsteps and my team etc.

Cypress Hill: Another Body Drops, Certified Bomb, Rap Superstar, 3 Lil' Putos, Another Victory, so on.

Audioslave: I am the Highway, Shadow on the Sun, Shape of Things to Come, Jewel of the Summertime, so on.

Rage Against the Machine: Know your Enemy, Killing in the Name Of, Township Rebellion, Bombtrack, Fistful of Steel, so on.

D12: How Come, American Psycho II, Get my Gun, 40oz, so on.

Eminem: When I'm Gone, Never Enough, 'Til I Collapse, Square Dance, Spend Some Time (though sick, I like the rest of this song a lot), One Shot Two Shot, Under the Influence, so on.

Korn: Twisted Transistor, Coming Undone and Souvenir, though I also like Ever Be and what I've named Anticipating (Untitled Hidden Track officially, lol).

Lenny Kravitz: Take Time, Little Girl's Eyes and Supersoulfighter.

Megadeth: You're Dead, Blessed are the Dead, Moto Psycho, The Scorpion, Amerikhastan, United Abominations, so on.

Metallica? Haha. Pretty much everything here, they're all awesome. Special nod to No Leaf Clover, Nothing Else Matters and Suicide and Redemption.

A fair bit of the Red Hot Chilli Peppers for when I don't want what I normally listen to, special credit going to most of the Californication disk, extra sentimental credit for She Doesn't Look to Me [oh snap], She's Only 18 and Wet Sand.

________

That's it, by and large. There's much more than was mentioned and it all goes on rotation, but I prefer angrier stuff like Rap (Certified Bomb) or heavier Metal (Know Your Enemy), along with stuff I have an interest in (Shape of Things to Come) to lighter stuff, though I'll put it on to break up the rest sometimes (She Looks to Me).

I love having music on alongside games, and there are few games where I won't put any on.

Oh my god you listen to Eminem and D12 CSB?! Haha I NEVER would have expected that.

~

And I can vouch for Fortified. He BLASTS dubstep whenever I play with him haha

Don't usually listen to music when playing competitive multiplayer or if i'm using a headset.  But if i'm not then i listen to music. I mainly listen to metal, but i like loads of different genres and artists.  A few bands that i listen to regularly:

Lamb Of God

Machine Head

Mastodon

Metallica

Slipknot

Iron Maiden

Pantera

Avenged Sevenfold

Faith No More

Haha yeah Noble, we gotta party up sometime soon. When I have my music up loud enough that I consider 'blasking' it, I usually pull my mic out so others aren't forced to listen hahaha. Mudvayne is pretty good to listen to when you loosing... a song called Determined. I usually win :)

Mudvayne are pretty decent, i like quite a few of there songs.

blasting* sorry haha typing in the dark.

I like listening to The Glitch Mob's Fortune Days and How to be Eaten by a Woman, along with Dubstep and Classic Rock (yes, I actually listen to Classic Rock). I'll also listen to ALOT of rap while playing just about anything. When I'm losing, I'll put on Won't Back Down (Eminem) and I'll usually start destroying the faces of my enemies with bullets :P