What's with the revving at the start of the race?

Don't tell me they kept this feature from Forza 3. Is there anyone who actually liked that feature? I wonder if the online experience is gonna be just like Forza 3. Wish they just gave us Forza 2 with the storefront.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Agreed...maybe they'll "fix" it like they did in FM3, where if you use Manual+Clutch, you can control the pre-race revs yourself.  I still think you should have full control of the revs regardless of what type of gearbox you select.

After 1000+ opening rev ups, I hope not.

I didn't know they "fixed" it for manual+clutch. I never figured the clutch :-) But seriously, the auto-rev gets old real fast.

[quote user="Rouge Baron"]

I didn't know they "fixed" it for manual+clutch. I never figured the clutch :-) But seriously, the auto-rev gets old real fast.

[/quote]

Yeah, I guess they figured it was an incentive to make people want to use the clutch.  That and the fact that doing so translated to faster lap times, because it eliminated the need to upgrade your transmission and/or clutch to get faster shift times. Your shift times when using the clutch were only limited by how fast you could press the buttons, which for most people was a heck of a lot faster than it took the auto or semi-manual transmissions to shift on their own.

This may be OT, but how do I use the clutch? I know how to use it in real life where it is analog, but never figured it out in the game.

You select Manual+Clutch in the assists first of all.  Then it's just a matter of holding the clutch button while you press the up or downshift button, then releasing the clutch.  Main difference between the game and real life is that you don't need to hold the clutch at the start line with the engine in 1st.  Just foot on the gas, and as soon as the counter hits zero, off you go.