What's up with the Marketplace?

I've been trying to buy some RockBand dlc for the last three days.

1st the links were screwed up looking like the page wasn't loading up correctly and had some kind of new links like "share this" with a friend, etc.  Clicking what could be seen of the purchase button did nothing.

Now, it appears the pages are loading correctly on xbox.com, but selecting the purchase button, brings up the "confirmation" screen, and then it always gives the "SORRY, this content can't be downloaded at this time. Please try again later" message!?!?

Trying to download from the console just ends with a constant "thinking" circle spinning in a white box, it never loads beyond that. It's like it can't find the address to the item your trying to purchase, so it just gets stuck.

It's been THREE days! Are they doing maintenance? Or is something broken? Or is MS just afraid of money? (No it can't be that).

Anyone have any idea when this will be operational again?

(P.S. I've tried clearing the cache on the console.... Didn't help. And this issue appears whether trying to DL from the console or xbox.com)

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

What dlc are you trying to download and what region are you, some dlc are region specific, especially music dlc.

There is no maintenance on the servers for the past 3 days that I am aware.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

ATTENTION ANYONE WHO HAS PURCHASED MS POINTS USING ZUNE SOFTWARE

I have been waiting for anyone who knew what was up with this for about 20 days now, and tonight I had my questions answered. The original issue: Not being able to spend points at all, was resolved as of 2/19/13 for my account. The remaining issue: Not being able to spend points on games/DLC, is a question answered below.

MS Points: Zune (MS Points purchased via Zune software) ARE NOT THE SAME MICROSOFT POINTS as the ones you buy via your xbox, xbox.com, or other xbox related outlets. Regardless of the fact that the software tells you explicitly that your MS Points: Zune can be shared across marketplaces, and regardless of the fact that these points share the same pool of "MS Points", and regardless of the fact that we users have no way of knowing which points we own until we encounter this problem: These are different sets of points.

The Billing support representative I spoke with tonight confirmed for me that this is an issue that is being worked on, and that hopefully the points will be merged at a time yet unknown. Microsoft is aware of it and is working toward a resolution. The points are not worthless, so it's good news!

Also, if you're like me and you have been suffering with this unresolvable issue (in my case, 20 days with clueless customer support), you now have your answer. If you're anything like me, you're suppressing a happy-dance.

I hope this helps some of you. If it helps even a single person to avoid what I went through, it's all been worth it!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.