What's up with some people online

I know i'm gonna get some flak for this but i got to get it off my chest anyways i realize this is just a game but for me i like to play as close to real as possible so with that being said  what's up with people "going for it" on 4th down when the game is in the 1st quarter or the 2nd quarter like i understand my opponent "going for it" in the 4th quarter and there's a few minutes left or even "going for it" in the last minute of the 3rd quarter i don't mind it but to "go for it" in the 1st or 2nd quarter is just stupid and takes all the fun out of it for me so when that happens even if i'm winning i will quit & move on learn how to play correctly people! that is all now let the flak begin because i know its coming.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Thats why in Madden 10 my quit percent was like 33%. I play "real" and have had games where on the first possession I punted on 4th and 1 at midfield like 99.9% of NFL teams would do ( to show the other guy Im playing real), yet the will go for it right away, or everytime. Ive only played one game on 12 , but on 10 it was horrid cause guys would go for onsides constantly. I don't bother with online cause 9 out of 10 players are the same ( same team, same plays, no punting, etc). I could care less if I lose, just want a normal game. OH yeah..I actually use all the teams. Don think Ive ever faced anyone except Atl, Phil, Pitt, NE, Minn, SD, etc..

I just played against someone who went for it on 4th and 15 from their own 5 yard line in the 1st quater on their FIRST possesion, and of course they converted as i had one hand on my controller and the other on my drink.  He didnt punt at all and lost because of it at the end

I don't mind when they go for it on 4th down, just own it when you don't convert.  Most quit after they fail.  You may as well punt as you have a great chance of getting a turnover in this game.  I played as the Browns last night and the Ram's D forced 5 fumbles and all were lost, including the game.  

I will  go for it at any time in the game if I am say 4th and 4 on my opponents 35.  A punt really doesn't help me, My FG attempt could lag out, so I'll go for that any time.

[quote user="MJEAST"]

I don't mind when they go for it on 4th down, just own it when you don't convert.  Most quit after they fail.  You may as well punt as you have a great chance of getting a turnover in this game.  I played as the Browns last night and the Ram's D forced 5 fumbles and all were lost, including the game.  

I will  go for it at any time in the game if I am say 4th and 4 on my opponents 35.  A punt really doesn't help me, My FG attempt could lag out, so I'll go for that any time.

[/quote]

Then you are just like most of the other idiots who cannot play this game correctly and are a douche bag for ruining the game for us players who wanna play the game the right way. Thanks for the headsup though atleast i know when i come across you online not to play against you.

I hate the 4th down going for it. It really pisses me off.

I agree, going for every 4th down sucks but as the opposing player, you have to be able to take advantage. Theres a reason punting exists. If they are gonna be that stupid to not punt, you have to make them pay for it. Stop them a couple times and the smarter ones will start punting

I too hate this, but Ive learned that thats just how online play is. If its 4th and inches and I am in his territory, I might go for it, but if im in my own territory... punt team is coming out.

Luckily for us, if you can stop a 4th and long early against one of the idiots, right afterwards they quit A LOT. Free win.

Some people just dont like playing real football. They should just stick to offline franchises or something

[quote user="x24hrs2livex"]

Some people just dont like playing real football. They should just stick to offline franchises or something

[/quote]

I agree with this 100% the people who want to "Go for it" on 4th down while its in the 1st or 2nd quarter should stick to playing like that in offline franchise mode and leave Online Modes to us players who play for real and know how to play the game the right way.