What's Up With All The Hate?

I've noticed that there are quite a few negative threads about 343 Industries and Halo 4.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and here's mine:

Halo 4's main campaign focus is on the character development of Master Chief, expanding on the relationship between Master Chief and Cortana and bringing back the sense of mystery and exploration of Halo: Combat Evolved. IMO, these are excellent focus points and much better design goals than Halo 3, ODST or Halo Reach.

I can't comment on the new "interactive narrative segments" as I haven't seen them in action, and neither has anyone else. We assume they are simple Quick Time Events, but that's not been confirmed. I suggest we all take a wait and see approach to this.

I also think people hating on the instant respawning should take a wait and see approach. We don't know yet if that applies to every game type. It's also a very real possibility that we'll be able to mess with the respawn settings in private matches just like every other game in the series or there may be playlists with different respawn settings. We just don't know yet.

When it comes to the raging about no more playable elites in MP, I can agree with both sides. On one hand, I'm all for pleasing everyone as long as it doesn't inconvenience other players. On the other hand, 343 has given a reason that elites are in MP: the MP is just a training construct onboard the UNSC Infinity with Spartan IVs participating. I think it's interesting that 343 has confirmed there won't be any playable elites in MP but they haven't said anything about any other race. I doubt we'll see that, but it's possible.

As for the Forerunner Vision, again I can't comment on that since we have yet to see it in action, which is why I think we should wait and see with that too.

In regards to the so-called COD customization options, I call BS. Player customization has been an integral part of Halo since Halo 2. It's just been evolving over time.

At the end of the day, we just don't know that much about Halo 4 yet, and I think it's ridiculous to flame a game before any real information is released. As I've said several times already, let's just wait and see...

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 21 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

The only parts that started making me nervous was them not having a beta then leaning more toward COD playstyle.  I mean come on "Spartan Ops"?  Then to find out they removed Firefight?  Another no no.  So thats 3 negative strikes right away.  The loadouts for weapons will probably work because then those that want the BR can have that. And those that want the DMR can have that.  It might make everyone happy in terms of weapons. Until they figure out which one is better, then that will get used more. 

As I said in my other replies.  COD players that dont like Halo are not going to magically start playing Halo 4 because it has COD features to it. COD players that dont like Halo, simply dont like Halo no matter what you do to it.  Making H4 like COD is only going to cause more players to leave Halo 4 because its becoming more like COD.   I play and love Halo because it is NOT COD.  I know I speak for many others when I say I do not Halo to become more like COD.    All the other FPS games are doing that.   Halo is one of the few games that is unique because it is not like COD.    

If the mp is going to be a wreck I sure as heck hope the campaign is as epic as Halo 3.   I at least want english speaking brutes and scarab battles again!!!

[quote user="CAMAROBOY69"]

The only parts that started making me nervous was them not having a beta then leaning more toward COD playstyle.  I mean come on "Spartan Ops"?  Then to find out they removed Firefight?  Another no no.  So thats 3 negative strikes right away.  The loadouts for weapons will probably work because then those that want the BR can have that. And those that want the DMR can have that.  It might make everyone happy in terms of weapons. Until they figure out which one is better, then that will get used more. 

As I said in my other replies.  COD players that dont like Halo are not going to magically start playing Halo 4 because it has COD features to it. COD players that dont like Halo, simply dont like Halo no matter what you do to it.  Making H4 like COD is only going to cause more players to leave Halo 4 because its becoming more like COD.   I play and love Halo because it is NOT COD.  I know I speak for many others when I say I do not Halo to become more like COD.    All the other FPS games are doing that.   Halo is one of the few games that is unique because it is not like COD.    

If the mp is going to be a wreck I sure as heck hope the campaign is as epic as Halo 3.   I at least want english speaking brutes and scarab battles again!!!

[/quote]

I'm going to have to disagree.

I don't see any comparisons to COD.

Spartan Ops are being advertised as weekly missions that revolve around the campaign being done by Spartan IVs. In COD, Spec Ops were random, non-story based missions that revolved around killing enemies doing something within a time limit. Aside from the name, I don't see a resemblance.

Again, the customization can't be compared to COD since Halo 2 started that and Halo 2 was released before COD Modern Warfare.

And I don't think we're going to see that many Covies in Halo 4 since the campaign is supposed to focus on "A new alien threat".

Because this game is bad and I hate the company who makes it, yet it is also the next installment to a brand I like.

-

And I'm a 15 year old who's bored on the Internet were I'm anonymous and the worst punishment I can get from my terrible attitude on these forums is a forum ban. :3

-

Pretty obvious why I hate so much.^.^

-

Also, LOL calling Halo 3's campaign epic. It had a few epic moments, but overall it was one of the worst campaigns in a Halo game.

[quote user="SpeedyBlueDude"]

and I hate the company who makes it

[/quote] 

And right there goes all of the credibility of your post. 

Woah woah woah woah woah, Woah!

-

I had credibility in the first place?

-

And whatever Ash. I don't take you serious. Cuz. Ur. Bad. At. Halo. :P

Alot of people are angry because it sounds so similar to cod. I mean come on, spartan ops ?

The only thing I dont really like is the loadouts. Halo has never been about that, everyone spawns on an even playing field and fights for the power weapons, Id like it to stay that way. But ill wait until I actually get to play it before passing a proper judgement.

-

-

[/quote]

I like to give everyone who posts something grammatically sound (within moderation) equal credibility. Unfortunately Speedy, your 343-hating is pretty pointless. What did BS Angel do to you anyway? Lower your BPR? Credit-cap? Take Swordbase out of Infection?

It's okay though, I'm sure despite all of your festering hate at this moment in time, Halo 4 will be the greatest game you will have ever played, and you will be sending BS Angel hand-written letter covered in heart stickers for years to come! 

[quote user="iAshHD"]

-

-

[/quote]

I like to give everyone who posts something grammatically sound (within moderation) equal credibility. Unfortunately Speedy, your 343-hating is pretty pointless. What did BS Angel do to you anyway? Lower your BPR? Credit-cap? Take Swordbase out of Infection?

It's okay though, I'm sure despite all of your festering hate at this moment in time, Halo 4 will be the greatest game you will have ever played, and you will be sending BS Angel hand-written letter covered in heart stickers for years to come! 

[/quote]Meh, what can I say. I'm cynical. :3

"As I've said several times already, let's just wait and see..."

You can't stop people from worrying about it. People are going to be negative/positive/whatever before a game is released and you can't change that. People's opinions will change rapidly with new information as well.

"I'm going to have to disagree. I don't see any comparisons to COD".

Oh please.

"Spartan Ops are being advertised as weekly missions that revolve around the campaign being done by Spartan IVs. In COD, Spec Ops were random, non-story based missions that revolved around killing enemies doing something within a time limit. Aside from the name, I don't see a resemblance".

That difference is so tiny it's basically entirely negligible.

"Again, the customization can't be compared to COD since Halo 2 started that and Halo 2 was released before COD Modern Warfare".

Halo 2 changed your player's species.... Call of Duty deals with a hell of a lot more. Reach's loadouts were inspired by Call of Duty, that's blatantly obvious. Halo 4 is only carrying on with that trend. I get defending what you want to however you can, but....

halo 2 only gave you species and diferent colors, cant remember if you could change your armour on H2

and if you dont see COD writen all on the features of H4 then you're blind