what's the point of naming characters?

don't get me wrong, it's kinda amusing to make up weird names for all my guys, but is there really any other reason the game makes us name new characters? is there somewhere the community can see our characters? is ea gathering some psyche report about how we name characters and how we play? 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

There really isn't any purpose other than to keep them sorted out in your own mind, I guess. It would have been a neat feature if they had allowed you to see both the player's gamertag & the nickname he came up with for his character. But then again, some people might create extremely offensive or vulgar names just to spite the Xbox Live ToS.

I think some of the COD games factored that in so profane clan names can't be used.  I remember I couldn't name one of my classes, in a war game, assault, so offensive names could have been easily dealt with.  If the COD developers could figure it out.  (ooohhh, burn!  lol)  

When I started playing ME3 I was lazy and just named them 1 or 2 or 3....... Now I name them according to their build.  Solarian sniper or Krogan Carnage or Quarian cryo fire.   I even have a characer set aside for gold runs just to use as a decoy character. So he is Solarian decoy.   Hopefully thats helpful.

i could not print the names i name mine on here lol

I got sick of naming them when no one else sees them. My most recent name is 473 or something like that. They really should've just let us publically name them, who cares. The current route is just the lazy way to handle it.

I'm too lazy to come up w/ that many original names, so I just name them after characters from the trilogy that fit the class. Quarian Engineer, Tali; Asari Adept, Liara; Human Female Vanguard, Jack; etc.

i just name everything lll or aaa or Obama

Obama? Is that because you hope to change the outcome of the match?

Lol @ Unyobro's comment

I really do wish people could see the names, but I doubt I'd have the only Salarian Infiltrator named McHeadshot. 

I just grab random names by looking over at my movie collection.  Hammer (Captain Hammer - Dr Horrible), Shilo (Repo!), Bob (ReBoot).  Or from other games: Frank (Dead Rising), Faith (Mirrors Edge), Fusrodah (Skyrim).