What's old is new?

Anyone fed up of games being re-released rather than new games?

What say you?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 11 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

You act like we have nothing but older games being re-released. They are few and far between.

Having a re-release come out on occasion wont kill you. There are plenty of new games released constantly. I'd rather have both.

While rehashes can be great for some, I rather have new games.  It really seems odd to re release on a new console, seems lazy to me!

[quote user="DanteSparda504"]

You act like we have nothing but older games being re-released. They are few and far between.

Having a re-release come out on occasion wont kill you. There are plenty of new games released constantly. I'd rather have both.

[/quote]With so many remakes and sequels, gaming on Microsoft branded consoles has become stale in my and many other people's opinion, is it not time to create some new IP's?

Just because something is a new IP doesn't means its good.

Annnd I see more HD ports on Ps3 than 360. Just saying. I'm not complaining  though. Jak II in HD <3

I personally don't mind them, especially when I haven't played them before. More games for me!

[quote user="WILK0"][quote user="DanteSparda504"]

[/quote]With so many remakes and sequels, gaming on Microsoft branded consoles has become stale in my and many other people's opinion, is it not time to create some new IP's?

[/quote]

New IPs have never come around as often as people think they did. Microsoft has always been into releasing new IPs, the problem is nobody buys them despite them being very good.

Hell and they have a ton of new IPs on the way. Hell Ryse, Powerstars Golf, and Crimson Dragonat Xbox Ones launch. Titanfall coming very soon. D4, Quantom Break and Sunset Overdive this year.

You can't seriously sit there and say that Microsoft isn't into releasing new IPs. There are a ton on the way and have been released already, with several more on the way according to various leaks and rumors.

Plus we rarely see re-releases. RARELY. Sequels? Sure, we get plenty of those, but that has been a common thing on every platform for as long as gaming has existed. People love sequels and they need to continue going.

Both!

I love seeing classics re-done, re-released and sequels.  I would take one of these over 10 cruddy AAA games, 20 cruddy arcade games and 100 indie games.

I imagine their budget is limited when re-releasing.  If they put that same money into a brand new game, it would most likely be an unfinished flop of a game.

If the question is, "Would you rather have a brand new big budget AAA game or a re-release?"  I would take the new game.

I would like to see new IPs....but with that being said:

1. Titanfall
  2. The Division
  3. Ryse
  4. The Crew
  5. Watchdogs
  6. Destiny
  7. Dying Light
  8. Evil within
  9. Thief
  10. ECT

[quote user="CODukes4"]

I love seeing classics re-done, re-released and sequels.  I would take one of these over 10 cruddy AAA games, 20 cruddy arcade games and 100 indie games.

I imagine their budget is limited when re-releasing.  If they put that same money into a brand new game, it would most likely be an unfinished flop of a game.

If the question is, "Would you rather have a brand new big budget AAA game or a re-release?"  I would take the new game.

1. Titanfall
  2. The Division
  3. Ryse
  4. The Crew
  5. Watchdogs
  6. Destiny
  7. Dying Light
  8. Evil within
  9. Thief
  10. ECT

[/quote]

Thief isn't a new IP, it's the fourth entry in the Thief series....

[quote user="DanteSparda504"]

[quote user="CODukes4"]

1. Titanfall
  2. The Division
  3. Ryse
  4. The Crew
  5. Watchdogs
  6. Destiny
  7. Dying Light
  8. Evil within
  9. Thief
  10. ECT

[/quote]

Thief isn't a new IP, it's the fourth entry in the Thief series....

[/quote]
Good to know....never heard of it.   

1. Titanfall
  2. The Division
  3. Ryse
  4. The Crew
  5. Watchdogs
  6. Destiny
  7. Dying Light
  8. Evil Within
  9. Quantum Break
  10. ECT