What's Caught Your Eye in February?

It's still early in the year and so new titles are a little thin on the ground, but there's a few coming out in February that look interesting, so as the title suggests what games have caught your eye and why?

---------------------------------------------

At the moment the release I'm looking forward to the most is Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. The fact that the world (including 10,000 years worth of history) and story was penned by Mr. Salvetore gives me plenty of hope for an intriguing adventure, especially as I like the idea of everyone's fate except your own having already been decided. I found that there was plenty of scope  for creating a unique character through the three different skill branches, and that the combat was a major step up from what most RPGs offer. Plus, mages in this game are just ****. The demo available at the moment is from a build that's three months old as well and the creators have stated that the glitches won't be in the final version of the game. Of course there were things I wasn't impressed with, but from what I've seen the positive aspects outweigh the negative at this point.

NeverDead is also looking set to be rather interesting. My copy dropped through the letterbox this morning (along with the Skyrim strategy guide, which could be used to beat freakin' whales to death) but I've literally only gotten five minutes with it so far. Still, the idea of using your own limbs as weapons and more is one that interests me greatly. Here's hoping it's a nice change of pace from the usual games.

Gotham City Impostors, despite have reservations from the Beta, is another title that I'm looking forward to. I'm hoping that its delay to February is to incorporate feedback from the Beta, because at that point there was some major balancing work to be done. Those damn rocket launchers were just plain evil. But really, it's just the idea of lots of people dressed as bats and clownz running around and blowing the hell out of each other that has my attention. It's going to be like a fancy dress party gone horribly wrong.

--------------------------------------------

I've also keeping my fingers crossed that Binary Domain and Inversion both turn out to be enjoyable shooters. Currently I've got more hope for Binary as the previews floating around the internet have sounded quite interesting.

So how about you guys? 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Firstly, I could have sworn that this thread said "Who's Caught Your Eye in February?" to which I had both an answer, a question asking why on earth someone would ask and a double-take.

Secondly, that would be Kingdoms of Amalur (though I can't stop spelling it as Amular) because after playing the demo tonight, it reminds me of Fable 1 + Knights of the Old Republic + ambiguous, oldschool RPGs. It isn't the greatest but I'd give the demo a shot.

A very surprising interest from me but since I know the game's shortfallings (graphics, for example) I can make an exception for that.

[quote user="ChainSmokingBob"]

Firstly, I could have sworn that this thread said "Who's Caught Your Eye in February?" to which I had both an answer, a question asking why on earth someone would ask and a double-take.

Secondly, that would be Kingdoms of Amalur (though I can't stop spelling it as Amular) because after playing the demo tonight, it reminds me of Fable 1 + Knights of the Old Republic + ambiguous, oldschool RPGs. It isn't the greatest but I'd give the demo a shot.

A very surprising interest from me but since I know the game's shortfallings (graphics, for example) I can make an exception for that.

[/quote]

Heh, the human eye can play so strange tricks on people :D

That's a good summary of Amalur, sir. To me Amalur isn't trying to be a groundbreaking RPG, instead its taking different mechanics from different games and melding them together. 

Olga Kurylenko, Oh sorry I was answering Bob's question:

The Darkness 2, Syndicate are on order.

Binary Domain is a game I am still considering, early trailers got me interested, but I would really like a Demo to decide.

Duplicate thread seen this posted in the uk forums section.

[quote user="Alchemist Don"]

Duplicate thread seen this posted in the uk forums section.

[/quote]

Yep, by me ;)

There are numerous people, most of whom I know, that hang around the UK forums but don't visit the General forums, so I tend to post in both. 

Thought that was against the rules, but i may be wrong.

Syndicate is the only thing I'm looking forward to really. I'll give KoA:Reckoning a rent though.

The darkness 2 and KoA are the only games i am interested in Feb but i think i'll get The Darkness 2 later unless the separate campaign be also playable offline but i doubt that.

KOA seems to be to much like Fable to me.  The demo did not impress me.  I love a good story, but making the mechanics of the game equal to the story may not work out.  

The game seemed almost linear in its progression and I do not like games in which you cannot jump over a stick in the middle of the road.  Combat,,,archery in particular, was a button mashing event which often targeted a helpless animal instead of the guy that was trying to tear your head off.

I hope I can get my mind changed upon the full release of this title, but as of now I am unimpressed.

The only two things which have "caught my eye" are Metal Gear Solid HD, and Gotham City Imposters which is quite fun, well for what I've played of it in the beta anyway, however last I heard, it's been delayed and held back.