What you should know about CoJ: The Cartel

a) Yeah it's pretty horrible.

b) It did show me one thing though: More fps games need to be about police/fbi/dea because the premise was pretty awesome. I loved shooting up dopedealing "gangsta's" in da hood. There's so much more fullfilment to be had there instead of shooting up alien nazi zombies or what have you.

It's pretty shocking if you think about it. There's not one single police / fbi / detective etc etc  fps I can think of other than the RB6 series which is more about SWAT.

Such an untapped market there...

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

it's not the greatest game I've ever played but it's far from the worst. I've not finished it yet, and the chances of me going through the story two more times are slim, but i played a bit of multiplayer last night and i think it's actually alright.

The partner system works reasonably well and the mission based games are quite fun.

As far as I'm concerned its a better game than both Homefront and Brink , both of which got better scores on metacritic.

[quote user="NetshadeX"]

a) Yeah it's pretty horrible.

b) It did show me one thing though: More fps games need to be about police/fbi/dea because the premise was pretty awesome. I loved shooting up dopedealing "gangsta's" in da hood. There's so much more fullfilment to be had there instead of shooting up alien nazi zombies or what have you.

It's pretty shocking if you think about it. There's not one single police / fbi / detective etc etc  fps I can think of other than the RB6 series which is more about SWAT.

Such an untapped market there...

[/quote]You're right there.  It is a untapped sub-genre.  

One thing I have to say about the playable characters in COJ: The Cartel.  They are completely unlikable, and they didn't inspire any empathy from the player. Plus the AI is completely moronic.  That brick wall they like shooting at isn't going to shoot back.

terribler u guys aint got taste slating a game with brill aint story man u need go bk to wow

They should keep the franchise ala Wild West not modern era...that's why i'm not interested ATM. There are a lot of modern FPS , i don't get why  Techland decided to F#$% the game that way. Same will happens with the next BIA.

but gd story for all 3 of them tho doing secret stuff and not get caught shows how many dirty cops out there

The game is terrible, worse then terrible infact, unfinished even. Though the idea would stretch well to a game based on 'The Shield'.....maybe....

[quote user="sebbong"]

terribler u guys aint got taste slating a game with brill aint story man u need go bk to wow

[/quote]

Generic flawed or corrupt cop brings down the drug cartel story line, unfinished gameplay, lazy graphic (every NPC looks identical), uninspiring characters, idiotic AI.  It's far from being a good game.  This is a game that had a lot of potential to be really good, but it isn't.  

Personally i find i have great taste, i just like my games to be good, and well finished, and with a MC score of 48/100 it seems most reviewers agree. Its pants.

I really like the first CoJ and had the second one but barely played it and I sold it...which should have been a co-op game.  The third one, I don't know if I'll pick it up or even rent it. 

i thought the game was brill grpahics are mint game play is mint prefer this game then the other fps games :) keep on coming ubisoft :)