What weapon should I use to fight gargoyle boss?

I heard it is good to use gold pine resin on gargoyles, but I have the drake sword that does 200 damage and it looks like I can't use gold pine resin on drake sword.  The gold pine resin is grayed out with drake swork equipped.  Should I use drake sword or an ordinary weapon like longsword that does 80 but with gold pine resin?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Weapon buffs like resins only work on "regular" weapons. Honestly I think you should just keep trying with the drake sword, you could beat them with a broken sword once you get the hang of it. :P

Also, you should try and attack their tails. If you do enough damage to the tail you'll get a special weapon.

Everyone always uses the drake sword, but I would recommend using a different weapon that scales better with your stats when you get the chance.

Thank you guys again.  This game seems like a mystery so far with lots of stuff I need to figure out.  By the way IsaacClarkeSNL I am a big Dead Space fan so I like your gamertag.

Your best weapon the first time you get to them is an npc or human player. Honest.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

A black knight sword. There usually rare drops by black knights who have them equipped. If you were lucky enough to have the 1st black knight you meet in the undead burg guarding the blue tearstone ring.

You need ranged weapons. That's the easiest way to kill them. If your a magic user, pyro or sorcery, use everything you have against them. Or use arrows.

keep dodging and staying alive and wait till it attacks, and hit em with your magic while they are open.

Talk to the sunlight warrior before the dragon, and summon him right before the boss door(you have to be alive). He will make the battle A LOT easier as you can just spam magic or arrows while he is keeping them busy.