What top 3 games get your vote for having one of the most saddest endings in video game history?

1) Final Fantasy X

2)Final Fantasy VII

3)Tie between Red Dead Redemption and Metal Gear Solid 4

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Red Dead's ending was pretty damn sad. Well, the first ending anyway lol. Enslaved's ending had me feeling sad because I was going to miss Trip. I love you.Trip *breaks down*

*blubbers something about a third game*........*sniff*......Dammit, Trip........

RDR

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

From what I've actually played and ones where I felt truly like I was the character, so that level of empathy can actually hit:

1) Red Dead Redemption (saddest ending and only sad ending game I can think of that I played)
2) Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (saddest 1st Person deaths [beginning, nuke, and near death ending] has to do with presentation)
3) Gears of War 2 (saddest destruction of souls [Dom had to kill Maria, Tai of strong will killed himself showing how far the strongest even fell])

1) Metal Gear Solid 2 -(Especially when octacon's sister emma died.)

2) Legacy of Kain: Defiance - Raziel sacrificed himself and they've yet to ever make a new one..

3) DrakkenGard 1 - All the endings to that game were soo sad.

I can't come up with a good top 3 but...[quote user="Fire mar bill"]Metal Gear Solid 4[/quote]Ending made me cry manly tears.

MEtal gear 4

Eternal Sonata

[quote user="Fullmetal1986"]

I can't come up with a good top 3 but...[quote user="Fire mar bill"]Metal Gear Solid 4[/quote]Ending made me cry manly tears.

[/quote]

Lol i know right,i usually never uhm let a game get to me like that. But when watching the ending for Metal Gear Solid 4,i made my girl wasn't around,then yeah it made me cry those manly tears :(( .

1.) RDR - Had one of the coolest endings in a game since Hitman: Blood Money

2.) FFX - Should have ended the entire FF series with that game, imo.

3.) Kingdom Hearts

"most sadest"  

Fail

Not an ending, but the death of Aeris in FFVII was the saddest thing I've ever seen in a video game. It was so sudden & unexpected.