What to expect?

Been thinking about picking up a BF game after watching some of the E3 footage and looking up BF2. I've always been a Cod player but I feel the need to branch out after becoming bored with the series. If I were to buy a BF game, what could I expect?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Your a$$ to be handed to you for one thing. Slight learning curve. If you have any sense you should be able to pick up on what the game's about and how the game works after about 4 full games. You'll still have alot to learn, but at least by then you won't be totally clueless. Don't do like every other new player to the game and snipe. Start out as assault or medic class and learn to drop health and ammo packs at every opportunity. Best way to learn the game is to be in the middle of the madness. Go to options and bump up the sensitivity if you feel the player movement is sluggish. Play with friends if possible, it helps make the game less frustrating. Enjoy.

Cod is a mindless run & gun shooting full of lone wolfs. BF is what I like to call, "A THINKING MAN'S WAR GAME" with means team work is the most important aspect. Its very explosive, lots of demolition and at times very disorientating. Alot of new player don't last long between spawns and like already said alot of new players snipe, but sniping on BF is not like Cod there's bullet drop to start with (Means you need to aim above targets and something shoot where they will be when the target is moving).

If you decide to buy BF then prepare to die alot, Its takes a long time and many hours of mistakes to become pro at it. There is a BF3 multi-player beta coming to all formats in Sep, good chance to get some hands on game-play before you buy it. Also be warned that BF Bad Company 2 needs a online pass, so pay the extra for a new copy. (also goes for BF3)

Buy BF as its the best FPS series I have ever played. But getting into BF come at a cost, you will become to hate COD games. I know I did.

I like and play both. Both give me gameplay the other doesn't..... and that's the way(uh-huh uh-huh)I like it.

Expect it to be different, Battelfield plays at a slower pace in a way but more tactical and with more teamwork involved. Bullets have Gravity too so farther you shoot the bullet will drop. There is learning curve and for the love of god don't add in teh numbers of bush wookie if you are attacking.

[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p4fkH9qC4M]

Watch and learn.

^^ This is very good advice. It should be mandatory for all newbies.

^^ Sud me the intro to the main game.

Nice vid post CamaroGuy, yeh basically follow that vid.

Hopefully they'll add mandatory tutorial videos in BF3 multiplayer.

Sounds good. Also, I did not know about that online pass so thanks all.