What RTS game do you play on XBL? Endwar, Halo Wars RUSE..... ect.

Just wondering... I like playing RTS games against other people on Live but I dont know what people are playing these days. I recently got back into Tom Clancy's endwar (and I almost forgot how much fun it was) but have yet to play against someone on XBL. I also have Halo wars. I just like the strategic feel of RTS games, and I know not alot people play these kinds of games on xbox or consoles, but I sure some people do. Plus I'm very competative.

Thanks Guys for your input

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I'm not meaning to come off excessively cynical, but I don't play any, and have no plans to. Although I respect developers trying to alter the means by which RTS games are played to make them better suited to consoles, I don't think the practicality will ever be able to rival the means by which one can play them on the PC.

Even ignoring the nature of the control schemes, based off the demos End War and Halo Wars seem mediocre at the very best contrasted with other big name RTSes anyway.

If I played RTS games, i'd go with Starcraft. Because I don't, i'll stick to the Xbox.

Well plenty of people still play halo wars, i play it quite a lot. I'm sure some people might still play supreme commander 2. If i remember to I will try the online later and get back to this thread.

Thanks Poetker.

I don't mind console RTS games, but there nothing like they are on the PC

Halo Wars is a RTS for dummies IMO. Simplified and easy, and to my surprise it worked out well on console, but the online was nothing but rush rush rush

I never played Endwar, though I always wanted to, and it sounded cool

R.U.S.E was probably my favorite that I played on console, and I really enjoyed it. Sadly it was awhile after release when I played it, and it didn't seem like anyone played online, and whenever I did get a game, I was just destoryed within min. Rookie Vs Pro type of games.

For the most part I am going to stick to RTS games on PC. StarCraft, Age of Empires, Civ 5 and Shogun 2 are a million times better than any console game

[quote user="Krynn007"]Halo Wars is a RTS for dummies IMO. Simplified and easy, and to my surprise it worked out well on console, but the online was nothing but rush rush rush[/quote]

halo wars isn't that easy after you get really into the game and once you get to a higher true skill. I will admit at <20 true skill most of the people, especially in 3v3 randoms games are really stupid.

but seriously don't take this guys opinion of halo wars, he never even hit lieutenant or was top on the score board in a match.

PC are better platform to play RTS's But i played C&C 3 on xbox

Well Endwar is the s*** but I will just keep practiceing at halo wars...

Whats a rts?  Real time shooter?

Not much on xbox, LOTR battle for middle earth is ok i think EA has shutdown online cause they cool like that,C&C and theres a XBLA game Red Alert Commanders Challenge very good value and pretty dam tuff, But i really really recommend Company of Heroes and Age of empires II on Pc , Id love to see Relic bring CoH to consoles