What Router should I buy

What type of Router is best for 360.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I use a NETGEAR and have had zero problems with it and i have had it about 3 years now.

*awaits 6 million replies suggesting the Linksys WRT54G series*

I've had nothing but problems with those, but most people have really like them.  You will more then likely really like it if you choose to go with one, but I'd avoid it.  I suggest a D-Link gaming router, personally.

Not much of a fan of D-Link. We had a regular D-Link router for a few years, and resetting it was a near-daily occurrence. We've got a different router now (can't remeber the brand), but it's been great so far. Switching from Bell to Cogeco might have helped too lol. Way more speed for the same price.

These are all wireless routers you guys are using, yes? Does anyone recommend a good wired router for their network solutions?

I just have the router that comes with verison fios.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

NetGear N600 FTW. It has 4 wired ports as well as dual band Wifi.

I use a linksys and I have to reset router at least weekly.

Anyone know how to setup 2 xbox's on the same router? I can only get one to have open NAT with port forwarding. Do I need to setup static IP's? My son is not happy losing his connection while playing Left for Dead, hehe.

Netgear WNDR3700, rock solid.

www.netgear.com/.../WNDR3700.aspx

I use a Motorola SBG6850 Surfboard Extreme.  It's DOCSIS 3.0 and has four LAN ports so I can have my 360, PC, and Blu-ray player all connected to it.  I don't know how it stacks up to Netgear but it's proven reliable so far.

LINK

[quote user="Metal10957"]

Anyone know how to setup 2 xbox's on the same router? I can only get one to have open NAT with port forwarding. Do I need to setup static IP's? My son is not happy losing his connection while playing Left for Dead, hehe.

[/quote]

I don't have a problem with mine, and didn't do anything special. It's a 360 with the Wifi adapter and a 360S. My 360s will only use the 2.5 Ghz and the Wifi adapter uses the 5 Ghz. My Wii runs off of the 2.5 as well, but I have no problems with all 3 going at the same time.