What! Next year.

I was hoping this was a joke. Some say their glad because they don't want it rushed. That's the joke, they will have had plenty of time working on it to get it out by November/December. Was ME1 rushed: NO. Was ME2 rushed: NO. Neither will ME3 be rushed. Just because someone says they didn't like the game because it was rushed doesn't mean it was. Just means they just didn't like the game. Just because a game as glitches doesn't mean it was rushed. Just means they could account for every glitch that could happen. As far as I am concerned this extra time only gives them extra time to mess it up. Gives them time to over think things. They should just stick with their original time.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I'm just as disappointed as you about the pushed back release date, but some things are worth waiting for, like MASS Effect...:-)

The original time frame was not a definitive release date, they only said "Holiday 2011".  By pushing it back a few months won't change a whole lot, and I am sure you can have the patience to wait a few more months.

While I do agree that extra time doesn't always mean a positive in the development process, it's not going to hurt anything either.

Besides EA owns the IP and the Mass Effect franchise now, so if it was better suited to be released after the big list of AAA titles releasing in the fall and beginning of winter to garner financial success, then that's what they were going to do.  BioWare has said before that they want a timely and successful financial release in the past to end the trilogy on a high note, so this really only solidifies that point other than driving home Casey Hudson's quote relating to the delay itself, which I won't quote as this post is already long enough.

Waiting for Mass Effect is a bit of a disappointment, but I can wait for a well polished game.

polished , it better glitter like gold.

Good, it won't be overshadow by the Triple AAA games that are coming out this year, But, it also mean it will overshadow new series coming out during the 1st quarter.

so mass effect 3 will be the last game then?

In shepard story arch it will be. But there will other mass effect games. Preferably Mass effect: Crysis or Mass effect: catalyst.

I hope it is polished, but i'll play through ME1 & ME2 again and try not to sleep around this time!!

All this will do is give them extra time to over think things and mess up things that don't need to be touched. I have seen plenty of games that have had tons of time to develop  and end up being trash. There is no way to actually polish up a game because there are always going to be glitches. You just have to deal with them as they come.

Just as there is no way for you to say for certain that more development time for Mass Effect 3, not "plenty of other games", will make things worse.  The argument can go both ways.

I was disappointed at first that it was delayed, but in all honesty just as I said in my first post, "Holiday 2011" is not a definitive release date anyhow so no one should really expect them to stick with it when anything can change during a development cycle.  They've said before, meaning BioWare and EA, they want to maximize financial success within a timely manner as well regarding Mass Effect 3, so if that meant delaying it 1-2 more months for whatever reason, then that's what they were going to do.  Seeing the list of AAA titles releasing this fall/winter, that's not such a bad idea when you really think about it and not just thinking about it from knee-jerk reaction standpoint.

And yes there is actually ways to polish a game that has nothing to do with "glitches" or "bugs" that require post release patches.  Polishing doesn't always mean those two aspects. It could be anything from polishing story aspects, to presentation aspects that can always be improved upon from the start of the development cycle to the end and final build.