What Kind of Score Merits a $60 Price Tag to You?

There are more games out that I would like to try and play rather than actually buy. If I'm buying, I would like some form of replay value along with a **** overall experience. Then, I'd pay $60 (£49.99) new. So what type of score would you have to give to justify a purchase? Are you happy with a mediocre 6/10 or 7/10 to justify a game bought new, or are you the type of person that only shells out for a perfect 10?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

IF i am * interested in a game i buy it no matter if get bad/good score or  bad/good impressions.

* keyword.

It's hard to say because I've played games with scores in the high 80's and 90's that I wouldn't pay $15 for.

-

But generally, based off of games I would have...I'd say 80 or up, although Just Cause 2 being easily my 2nd favorite Xbox 360 game, is only an 80, says nothing is really written in stone.

I'm not a sheep. I'm not going to blindly put all my faith in some guy I've never met. I check out game trailers and in game footage, I read up on information what kind of features the game will contain. And if it looks and sounds like something I would like, then I buy it. I couldn't care less what some other guy has to say about it.

If I'm watching a review and there are no nagging flaws that the review mentions, I'll try it for myself. The Saboteur for example, I believe it deserves a 9.5, but it usually only gets 7.

I don't even understand why console games are priced at $60. I used to pay that price but now I look for ways to get the game I'm interested in at a cheaper price.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

I read deeply into it until I get really interested. The reviews? Not so much, they have different opinions of the game so that shouldn't tell me what to buy and what not to buy. SO I would have to say anything that is considered "interesting".

Does anyone even have to pay $60 anymore? Seems like retailers (online and B&M) nearly have a knock down drag out over who is going to offer the best price. If you can't find a deal on a pre-order, just wait a couple of weeks and it'll be on sale. For example, I have RAGE pre-ordered for $43 shipped and Deus Ex is going to be $35 next week at Toys R Us.

As for reviews -- I'd rather pay a few bucks to rent the game and form my own opinion.

I feel awkward when I walk into toys-r-us... haven't done it it years, but I remember buying killzone from there or something.

I know the feeling .....

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

[quote user="Sword StyIe"]

I'm not a sheep. I'm not going to blindly put all my faith in some guy I've never met. I check out game trailers and in game footage, I read up on information what kind of features the game will contain. And if it looks and sounds like something I would like, then I buy it. I couldn't care less what some other guy has to say about it.

[/quote]

I have to agree with this.  Game review sites, while may help with decision making, it should not be the deciding factor.  Game reivewing is extremely subjective, and should be taken as such, however I do pay attention to key points they have to say about certain games (like how many bugs the game has for example).  

What I do is watch a trailer of an upcoming game.  If it looks interesting.  I'll start looking at info on the web.  if that starts looking promising I'll look into getting a demo.  I realize that some games can be out for some time before a demo is released, but I don't have to have a game on release day unless it's one that I am really stoked on waiting for (like GoW 3 for example).

In the end its all about what you think of the game.  I have (like others in this thread) played games that I thought were extremely fun, but didn't have a decent review from some of the big game reviewers, and I have played games that got very high ratings and the game couldn't have sucked worse.  So in short, take what reviews say with a grain of salt cause everyone has an opinion.