What kind of "build" did you go with?

With the open ended customization, I'm sure there are lots of hybrids and Jack-of-all-Trade builds, but I was wondering if anyone went for a focused build that pushes for the high level perks (level 100 stuff)?  I played the first 30 hours as a hybrid (mage/bows), and finished the mage / college quests as a warmup, then I restarted an locked into a focused build.  I took the Khajiit and went for a pure assassin / thief build. 

One handed and Sneak are the bread and butter, with some secondary skills in Pickpocket and Alchemy.  I generally level lockpicking naturally, but don't take any perks.  So far I like the build...I'm a huge fan of stealth based games, so this playstyle suits my taste.  The 15x damage multiplier for a stealth dagger attack makes most sneaky encounters a one-shot hit.  Pickpocket has some great perks (including being able to completely disarm an enemy, and steal his armor)...so it really does work with this type of build.

At first I hadn't planned on taking Archery even though it kind of goes with a stealth build, mostly so I could concentrate on getting to the highest level perks, especially the Sneak ones.  But then I realized there are some places where a ranged attack comes in very handy (Dragons).  You have to take the 3x damage bonus to bows in order to unlock the one for daggers anyway, so the two really lend themselves to each other.

What's everyone playing?  Any particular style of combat you're enjoying?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

i dont generally focus on a single skill. i try and improve the ones most useful to my play style. so my highest skills are archery,one-handed,two-handed,smithing and light an heavy armour. anything else i level up is just a bonus

Pretty much a jack of all trades. I use everything except for alchemy and magic excluding destruction and restoration

I'm a stealthy assassins type, i sneak around and 1hit them with my bow / dagger

I worked my Smithing with all the Light Armor perks, and have Light Armor with all the perks. I use a sword, but I tend not to do any fancy power attacks, so I only take the perks for improving basic damage. Added a couple perks to Restoration cause I use it frequently, and now I'm focusing on Enchanting... I guess I'm a sucker for making snazzy armors and weapons.

On my Argonian warrior I am focused on Alchemy, Enchanting, Smithing, Heavy Armor, Block, One-Handed, and Lockpicking.  All of them except for the Alchemy are maxed out at level 81.  

Not sure what I even want to do with my character at this point.  Started with a Nord tank, started using stealth & magic.  Am now gravitating back toward the tank playstyle.  I guess my guy is a jack of all trades.  Have 2 handed, 1 handed & dual wield all pretty high along with sneak, resto, heavy armor & destruction.

Warrior Tank, heavy armour and a big mutha sword.

Still early on (lvl 8), but I'm focusing on Destruction, sneak and archery.

How do you focus on both destruction and archery ? can only do one or the other. :)

dual wield, heavy armour, smithing, enchanting and alchemy.