What is with the sudden popularity of the SV98 Snaiperskaya?

It's odd how months ago, no one would be caught dead using the SV98, due to its low power and accuracy (Compared to the GOL and M24).

But now, everyone uses it! Is it because the rifle is so difficult to use people think they are pros if they get two kills a match with it? Seriously, I want to know. That is the only explanation I can think of for it's sudden popularity.

I think the M24 solves all problems, Except Anti-Materiel, which the M95 handles.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

The SV98 has the same damage as the M24 and GOL but with twice the mag size and a faster bolt action time.

That^, and 4x quick scoping is getting more popular (the SV98 is the clear winner for that).

Lots of people use it the same as they would an assualt rifle

Not really, I think you're thinking of the SVU, not the SV98

Like Asswar said, people use it for the bigger clip but I think the GOL might have the faster reload time then the SV98.

Is this one of the rifles people always seem to be using for Quick scope montages and stuff and with Magnum ammo as well ?

If so isn't it obvious its COD fanboys coming over and realising they can't use any of the 1 shot sniper rifles so making a way to 2 shot people with them.

Is this one of the rifles people always seem to be using for Quick scope montages and stuff and with Magnum ammo as well ?

If so isn't it obvious its COD fanboys coming over and realising they can't use any of the 1 shot sniper rifles so making a way to 2 shot people with them.

Best shotgun in the game... If you put magnum ammo on it anyway.

I've been using it because I've already plat'd the GOL and M24. SV98 and M95 are the rifles in the Recon class I'm working on now, and I chose them depending on map size. I believe  few of my friends are on the SV98 for basically the same reason. It's next in line to platinum for them. Could be why there is a rash of it's usage nowadays.

I'm trying to figure out what's up with all the new players using nothing but the USAS and Siaga. 2 weapons I despise.