What is the point !

After many hours of frustration, and hours of reading, researching I do not see the point getting a disease you cannot get rid of. Or the life of me, I have been unable to find a soul script within the game, searched all site points, and still nothing therefore, I had to surrendered to the vampire disease effects, and wonder aimlessly in Skyrim never completing a quest due to the unwanted disease, so what’s the point of getting a disease.

I thought of becoming a werewolf. Again, without the ability to speak to anyone your quest completion has drop to zero, again, what is the point having a disease you cannot get rid of. Skyrim should have been called the Disease Factor game because I fine myself very board with it, and very frustrated in the dumb game play.

I know I have harp on this before but think about it its like driving a car every few feet before you get a flat tier. The disease factor is dumb, overly used, gives you no out door, and you really cannot enjoy the game without messing around for hours finding a cure only to have the disease come right back on me. Am I frustrated that is an understatement.

The game would have been much more enjoyable if you didn’t have these diseases plague you every inch of game play. Maybe I have a major glitch within the game disc or maybe I’m missing something but after playing games for 30 years I think I can notice a game issue when I see one. Well, Skyrim will be placed onto my “Oh Well shelf of games” a place where games sit because of an issue I cannot work out, and the two Elder Scroll games are the only two games on that shelf space.

I am sure other’s may feel like I do, and those who have finished the game I am sure they only played through the main quest, IF you play the game they way it is intended to be played there is 300 hours of game play.  It is a shame,  I would have enjoyed Skyrim allot more than I have, but that’s life in the world of gaming., "You never know what you may get once you unwrapped the boxed product." in my case, I lost $65.00 dollars good thing I can afford these games.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

You get to live forever!

lulz sucks to be you.

Stock up on cure disease potions? Lol.

Oh, and if it's Vampirism you're hating on, there is a cure... here.

Hold on, you're upset because you couldn't get to a Shrine to cure a Disease?

Well you couldn't have searched hard enough for the cure on the net.

CLICK THIS TO FIND OUT HOW

I found out this from another website when I was trying to cure it. So I put it on mine to keep track and refer people when needed (BTW I know this works as I Cured myself in my previous game)

You can cure diseases by drinking the cure disease potion or by going to a shrine. From what I understand about vampirism, as long as you do either of those within a certain amount of time, you will be cured.

Riven57, being a werewolf is a blessing not a curse. If you don't have a horse or don't want to fast travel, you can transform into beast mode and travel that way. I do that all the time. I am thinking about starting a new character and being a vampire just to see how the game plays out differently. If you are having trouble with being a vampire or werewolf, start a new character and get cure potions or make notes of where shrines so you can cure yourself if you get a disease.

The cure for Vampirism in Skyrim is cake compared to the cure in Oblivion.

OP, Here's a tip to get you started. Go to any Inn (at night of course) and ask the Inn keeper if they've heard any rumors lately.

Don't give up on this game just yet. :)

[quote user="tai0316"]

You can cure diseases by drinking the cure disease potion or by going to a shrine. From what I understand about vampirism, as long as you do either of those within a certain amount of time, you will be cured.

[/quote]

Yes, this is correct. The OP was given many Warning which he either choose to ignore or did not understand. Once it is no longer the Disease, you are a Vampire. At that point you need to do the Quest to cure it. Neither are that difficult if one pays attention.

Wow dude, just wow. You obviously don't understand how the game works. Being a werewolf will not stop you from talking to people. They will only attack you if you transform in front of them. Also many people have stated that there are way's to avoid or in the worst case deal with vampirism. Stop bashing an amazing game because you are incompetent.

Riven...for the love of all thats holy! start a new game, when you get to whiterun go straight to jorrvaskr and do the companions quests and become a werewolf...you won't even have to turn into a werewolf for the rest of the game if you don't want to, you'll look and feel completely normal....but it gives you the permanent "beast blood" active effect which gives you 100% disease resistance...in other words, you will never have to worry about diseases for that character again!

Or if you really just can't/won't just listen and use all this simple advice that so many people have offered over the several threads you've started.....then you obviously lack any sort of ability to think while you're playing, and it's just a case of "hurrr....who can I shoot a fireball at now?"....just go play cod or something man....stop asking for help and then refusing to be helped!