What is the key to beating Gold?

Seriously...what is it? I was playing with some buddies last night. We were playing Cerberus we were playing on the very small map (can't remember the name). We had 3 adepts and one vanguard...lvl 8 was as far as we got. What are some tips to beating Gold?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Gold is a pain!  I am half way done getting gold on the N7 missions, but I think I am done! Plus I always get stuck in groups were players are trying to go solo which blows.

I would like to respectfuly disagree with most of what's being said here.  My vanguard works well in gold.  The only reason I don't use em is they glitch a lot.  If you have a team strong in biotics they are all easy in gold with reapers being my favorite.  Biotic dets seem to stagger everything.  Warp and reave will prime every enemy. Then nearly any biotic will det(evn biotic charge), a few exceptions being pull and stasis and maybe a couple more I never use.  It takes a lil team work but have sme warp or reave anything nasty and have te vanguard charge everything and keep em wrangled in a nice pack.  This keeps everything in the aoe and keeps heat off the damage dealers.  A vnguard and biotic to handle the big stuf someone to pick off the stragglers and an inflitrator because infiltrators are like duct tape , you don't know why you need it but its nice t have it just in case.

We did a 4 man decoy team on reactor the other night. It was sad how easy we beat it. The objective runners always had a helping hand to distract any lone enemies hoping to get the drop on you. Sadly, I see the salarians/decoy getting nerfed in the future rather than finding a better team dynamic/balance.

Decoy is awesome but easy to abuse.

[quote user="CAMAROBOY69"]

This group will actually work against the Geth AND Cerberus.  Character # 4 can be substituted with a character that uses Sabatage and will be most effective against Geth.

[/quote]

The only thing i hate about cerberus is those damn smoke gernade's Phantoms + Smoke=the most irritating thing in this game

Having a decoy against the Geth almost makes it too easy on gold.  We tried with 2 decoys over the weekend for the heck of it.  That made it even easier.

I just use a Krogan Sentinel while scrapping Incinerate completely so i get free roam with what weapons i can pick out, as Grenades don't have a recharge time, and Tech Armor is more useful as a buff then as an AOE attack.

[quote user="BoF FeralJester"]

I would like to say that you're quite wrong That Darn Cat,

A good group of friends working as a single unit would be able to carry a N7 10 or lower.

Myself and a couple of my usual group did with a N7 5 with us. A few dicey moments but we got it handled.

The Newbie was running our infiltrator and running it well. Got everyone up when needed and even got all the objectives on their own in round 10.

All-in-All the N7 rating is not to be used as a messure of skill, just a messure of how much someone has played.

[/quote]

I'll give you that, I myself have been the beneficiary of a low-level Gold rank up from time to time, but c'mon, it's not like the N7 level 10 or level 5 guy is really holding the team. The infiltrator class is probably about the only one they can be, you're right, they would work at least somewhat well in terms of uploading data & such.

The best advice I can give is to pick a defensible spot and stick together. During objective rounds move as a team. Sometimes during the "4 things to active/disarm" round it's better for 3 players to pull aggro while someone (preferably an infiltrator) does the objective. But that's not always the case.

As for team builds, well you can use anything you want. But we find a good combo is 2 Adepts, an Engineer and an Infiltrator can usually cover any situation. And this is on Gold:Unknown Location:Unknown Enemy. Although it's very smart to pick your enemy before hand and prepare, but sometimes you just want to be surprised. Nothin' like Reapers on Firebase Glacier to get the juices flowing.

Placement is the key.  If you are in the wrong place, it's a blasted wrap.

-

The easiest possible enemy/map combo is the Geth on Firebase White using the Geth Grab Strategy.

I would like to say that you're quite wrong That Darn Cat,

A good group of friends working as a single unit would be able to carry a N7 10 or lower.

Myself and a couple of my usual group did with a N7 5 with us. A few dicey moments but we got it handled.

The Newbie was running our infiltrator and running it well. Got everyone up when needed and even got all the objectives on their own in round 10.

All-in-All the N7 rating is not to be used as a messure of skill, just a messure of how much someone has played.