What is the deal with this?

As a relatively new fan of the series I'd feel a lot more comfortable playing/helping the team if I could get my hands on the vehicles in a custom setting.  I'd also like an opportunity to explore the maps on my own and be able to mess around with some of the game mechanics/physics with a friend or two outside of a competitive arena.  Is this not possible?

Also, am I missing something or is there no way to quit out of a lobby once the game ends?  It seems like they make you stay there all the way up until the next game is ready to go and then, and only then, are you given the option to quit.   Who in their right might thought this was a good idea?  You're obviously going to have people who want/need to quit after a match and to make them wait for the next game to launch is not only infuriating but it also seems to shoot its own matchmaking in the foot because what are full teams after letting nobody leave after the previous game, aren't going to be full when people start dropping out.  If someone can explain to me what I'm doing wrong by not being able to exit or at least try to explain to me the madness behind what appears to be an epic design flaw, I'd appreciate it.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Just keep playing. It all seems to just come to you after awhile and the next thing you know, you think you're an expert.

Thanks for the encouragement I guess but you didn't answer any of my questions.

There are no private matches and I agree with you that it is retarded that you have to wait for the next game to start before you can quit instead of being able to quit at the end of the match

Thanks for the response Panda, and wow, this might be a deal-breaker for me which is such a shame because I do enjoy the gameplay.  But it becomes intensely frustrating when it appears that the matchmaking process and so many important details associated with it, as well as something as simple as custom games, appear to be all-out ignored.  Also, no way to alter kits except for in-game???  It almost, -scratch that.  I does feel disrespectful.

My soldier tab under options

I haven't tried this, but maybe try and look for an empty server and map that has the vehicles you want and go for your joy rides before it fills up?

When server browsing you can click your right stick for browsing options. You can then set to unranked matches. Not the same as private match but at least you can experiment without killing your stats. Check your server location while there. Mine was set to Europe and I live in Cali. Made a huge difference in connecting and game play.

That's a pretty good idea Koo, thanks.  Any idea if the game will start up with just a player or two or does it have to have a certain number to start up?

Oh and thanks to ShadowThunder as well.

I agree the matchmaking as a whole is a fail

Maybe they'll release an onslaught mode for BF3, that would be cool. But as far as learning to play BF, it's always been 'trial by fire', meaning it's you against other people. Good luck and enjoy yourself.