What is the best zombie game?

I love the COD zombie modes.  I have never played any other ones.  What is the best zombie game?  COD zombies, Red Dead zombie game, Left for Dead, Dead Rising, Resident Evil, Dead Island, or other?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="voteDC"]

[quote user="Manhandler"]

All of you people that voted for Left 4 Dead 1 or 2 (even though it is a great game) are fools. There aren't any zombies in Left 4 Dead 2.

[/quote]While they may start off as an infected human, I think it is safe to say that things like the spitter are now undead.

Ps. How come you aren't a moderator any more?

[/quote]

They are just infected - - each in their own special way lol. My friends and I, who play Left 4 Dead 2, have some interesting theories about each of them. Two of which I can't mention on the forums without getting in trouble but if you play L4D, you will know which two I am talking about.

And I'll PM you about that.

[quote user="Manhandler"]

All of you people that voted for Left 4 Dead 1 or 2 (even though it is a great game) are fools. There aren't any zombies in Left 4 Dead 2.

[/quote]While they may start off as an infected human, I think it is safe to say that things like the spitter are now undead.

Ps. How come you aren't a moderator any more?

Being a huuuuuuge zombie fan, I would have to say although I love playing BLOPS or WAW zombies, my all time fave zombie games would have to be the Left 4 Dead series. I have played and completed them numerous amounts of times and still go back for more! Left 4 dead 2, is great due to the weekly mutation modes which enhances the multiplayer experience. All of the games are worth a try but without fail L4D should be your first port of call!

Dead rising is one of the best zombie games i've played. dead island is looking good so far aswel i just hope it is actually good when it releases

Most likely will be Dead Island considering every other zombie game has been 100% terrible.

Left 4 Dead = crap

Dead Rising = terribad

CoD Zombies = OK but gets boring

Resident Evil = Meh, good but not great

If we talk about every platform I probably have to say the Resident Evil series. On Xbox 360 I think it is Red Dead Redemption, even though Resident Evil 5 & CoD Black Ops zombie mode are almost as great.

In regard to slow vs quick zombies, I think this. I believe they would start off being able to move just as a living person would, but would slow down to a Romero shuffle as rigor and decomp kicks in.

@Chickin, you should rent the Undead Nightmare disc if you can. I know it's a zombie DLC again but it really is a fantastic campaign in its own right.

I've never cared for zombie games and zombie DLC, just ruins the game for me...RDR, CoD and I refuse to buy it.  The exception is Borderlands Zombie Island. 

[quote user="Varakharne"]

I prefer strength in numbers/massive horde slow lumbering corpses over athletic Ben Johnson olympic running zombies which has been the norm in the last couple of years.

[/quote]Me too.  The way they all come running at you in a full blown sprint in the L4D games really takes the zombie effect out of it.  Zombies are supposed to be slow, not competing for track records.