what is a decent Horror Game to get as a gift

I have a friend ( yes a RL friend) Who's birthday is coming up, they are a real horror freak, and in the past I have gotten them, Jericho, Silent Hill, Walking dead Trades, etc, but as Silent Hill Downpour ( or whatever it is called) is delayed now, what is a good Horror game to get them. They have already played Dead Space 1 and 2, Alone in the Dark, Resident Evil 5, Left for Dead, AvP, Superman Returns, and Alan Wake.

I have heard that F.E.A.R is actually quite hard, and if this is the case I would have to help them through much of the game, so I am looking for something that is fine for someone with average skills. They are also fans of the DMC series and Dantes Inferno. So would Castlevania be good for them? 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

What about the  RE4 HD or Dead Island? I know the second is not really an horror game but will keep you tense for start to finish IMO.

A video game that can inflict terror?

That's pretty tough there, it's getting more difficult to put the scare into games.

I guess Amnesia: The Dark Descent is your only safe bet.

Dark Souls .

Dead Island is horrific, it will have you tearing your hair out in frustration, haha.

Dark Souls is new is really hard and have a lot of horror content.

Dead Island.

If the 360 is backwards compatible with The Suffering from the original Xbox, buy them that. It's scary as ***.

Get them FEAR, FEAR files and FEAR 2...all are probably $10 or under at this point. FEAR is a pretty tough game at times, FEAR 2 was a lot easier.

[quote user="Tatakai no Kami"]

I have a friend ( yes a RL friend) Who's birthday is coming up, they are a real horror freak, and in the past I have gotten them, Jericho, Silent Hill, Walking dead Trades, etc, but as Silent Hill Downpour ( or whatever it is called) is delayed now, what is a good Horror game to get them. They have already played Dead Space 1 and 2, Alone in the Dark, Resident Evil 5, Left for Dead, AvP, Superman Returns, and Alan Wake.

I have heard that F.E.A.R is actually quite hard, and if this is the case I would have to help them through much of the game, so I am looking for something that is fine for someone with average skills. They are also fans of the DMC series and Dantes Inferno. So would Castlevania be good for them? 

[/quote]

This made me laugh.

I'd say go with RE4 or Dead Souls.  Both are good games.

Yeah RE4 is Digital Only so that's a no go. Dead Souls I can honestly say is probably beyond their ability.

Is Fear Files an add on for Fear 1 or is it like Lostplanet: lost colonies? Where it is the first game but with extra content? I'm still think Castlevania might be a possibility too.