What if bethesda finished Project van buren?

I personaly would love this but not as a full stand alone game maybe as a small side project. what would your reaction be?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

This thread showed up when I typed in Fallout project Van Buren in Google so I thought I set the record straight in case others find this too. Fallout: New Vegas is the finished Project Van Buren.

[quote user="GrayFox006"]

This thread showed up when I typed in Fallout project Van Buren in Google so I thought I set the record straight in case others find this too. Fallout: New Vegas is the finished Project Van Buren.

[/quote]Sort of.  New Vegas uses a lot of concepts from Van Buren, and for all intents and purposes, this does make it the real Fallout 3 or the spiritual remake of Van Buren, but the plots of both games were entirely different (you played as the Prisoner in Van Buren and attempted to stop this mad scientist from bringing about a second apocalypse), and many of the locations were tweaked (i.e. Big Mt. was originally the Tibbets Prison Facility).  It's also not turn-based.  So while New Vegas is basically Fallout 3 and the closest thing to Van Buren, it's not Van Buren

That being said, I would love it if Obsidian finished Van Buren, both sticking to the original design documents, and perhaps most importantly, keeping it turn-based.  There's no point to finishing Van Buren if it's going to end up looking like Fallout 3 or New Vegas.  Plus, then maybe they could release it for free or for cheap