What I'd Change

Before we go into this, please bear in mind that this is my opinion. Try to give it a response based on the opinions and changes outlined and if you do really want to argue with me and criticise it, which I don't mind, please follow that up with some discussion. Please keep in mind that I don't know all the figures off by heart, so while you can feel most free to point any mistakes or implausibilities out, please understand the idea behind it. Though I have listed things as factually being the case, this is largely because I don't want to be explicitly stating that this is my personal opinion throughout the post. Lastly, this is extremely long and I have not summarised it at all because it is, as all posts are, optional reading. Thanks guys : )

I've been playing with a few weapons recently and after a few solid combinations such as the P90 with Rapidfire and the Red Dot [Target Dot] , the M60 with Grip, Red Dot [Target Dot or Omega] and the PM-9 with Rapidfire and Silencer, I believe many weapons need a buff. Some Perks and Killstreaks will be also be changed.

They need a buff for many reasons.

Firstly, guns like the ACR, SCAR and MP7 are never far from players' minds and they also aren't overpowered: they don't have to be weakened in order to balance them out, unlike the Striker, Type 95, PP90M1 and FMG9's. We'll keep the first three weapons in mind as the benchmark for what weapons should be.

Secondly, it seems as though in order to make weapons significantly different, more changed than what had to. The M16 was basically crippled in favour of the Type 95, way too much was weakened and several other **** Rifles need a minor buff in some way or another. The PM-9 is good in close quarters yet it's obsolete in favour of the PP90 since they occupy the same niche and the PP90 also extends into longer-range combat very well. All Light Machine Guns are in serious need of a buff in several ways, primarily draw speed, accuracy and drift. All Shotguns barring the Striker need to have a much wider cone of fire, unless you're using Range, in which case Range could increase the range (strange :P) and greatly tighten the cone of fire. The AA-12 needs its own buff with regards to rate of fire, number of pellets or damage and the Striker still needs a revamp.

Starting with the weapons in critical condition: The M16, the PM-9 and the AA-12, along with their superior versions.

________

The M16 is outmatched in every way, unless I'm mistaken, by the Type 95 and even more so if the Type is upgraded. I propose a fix for both of these weapons.

1) The damage is increased to a two bullet kill in close quarters like the Type 95 currently is and a three bullet kill at long range, its rate of fire is buffed to being slightly slower than the Type 95 when they're both using or not using Rapidfire, with the Type firing faster if it's using Rapidfire and the M16 isn't. In the meantime, the Type is decreased to a three bullet kill at close range and four at long range and fires bursts of two bullets at a time. This means that the Type would kill in two bursts at close range and, with perfect accuracy, two at any range. The M16 would kill in one burst in close quarters, and with perfect accuracy, one burst at any range.

This means that damage-wise, the Type 95 is more user-friendly than the M16 and the M16 rewards greater accuracy with faster kill times. The Type fires a whole burst faster than the M16 does but assuming equal attachments, it does not fire two bursts faster than the M16's one burst. Take my analogy of a racing game: two excellent drivers driving the same car race, though one's using a manual and the other's using an automatic. The automatic is easier to use, but given the skill (accuracy) the manual will achieve better results and won't hamper you, which the automatic (Type 95) will.

The hipfire spread for both will be drastically increased so that it is no longer effective in close quarters. This is what secondaries are for and of all weapons, these are the ones that should be supplemented with secondaries.

Close range will be defined as longer for the Type 95 than the M16 to further separate the weapons. The M16 has an easy kill at short range in two bullets, but short range doesn't last long and accuracy is key.

The time for all bullets in a burst to reach any given target will be improved greatly. The Type will fire its two bullets in quick succession and the M16 will fire marginally faster, with the time between bursts being faster for the Type and slower for the M16. Again, the M16's possibility for a one-burst kill is highlighted, with successive bursts rapidly draining its advantage over the Type 95. The iron sights for both will also be cleaned up a little, they're too cluttered for fairly accessible use and both of these weapons would benefit from Rapidfire, making optics impossible unless other Proficiencies are sacrificed and I don't want to force other Proficiencies to be less worthwhile.

________

The PM-9 is supposed to be extremely effective hipfired at close quarters. Its high rate of fire, decent reload and a fair clip all attribute to this, along with the awful ADS. The main problem with this weapon is that it is inferior to the PP90M1 and has next to no effectiveness outside of short range. We'll fix both the PP90M1 and the PM-9 here.

First off, to fix this weapon we'll keep the rate of fire at 1000 rounds, just like the PP90, and increase that with Rapidfire. For the PP90, we'll remove the Rapidfire attachment. This way, it has a rate of fire of 1000 and can compete with the PM-9, but not against one with Rapidfire unless better accuracy is taken into account, in order to keep the two weapons separate and distinct. The clip size shall remain the same for the PP90 but will be increased to 40 for the PM-9, and reload time will be lengthened accordingly. The idea here is to give it the capacity to deal with an opponent or several at close range, but penalise you for burning ammunition and slow you down. Slight of Hand will have a lesser effect on this weapon because this will be one of two serious drawbacks and the only one to counter its close-quarters dominance.

The PP90 will be made weaker by one bullet at long range, as will the PM-9. Neither weapon will be made any weaker at long range.

The somewhat unique recoil for the PM-9 will be kept, so it is quite hard to maintain its accuracy in ADS, and the hipfire spread shall be increased by 15% in all circumstances, as shall the PP90's. The aim here is to make it less accurate, though overall more dangerous in close quarters (to bring about the reload) and prevent it from long-range combat.

ADS with any optic will be much friendlier than the iron sights, to penalise for Rapidfire and Extended Mags or Rapidfire and Silencer, with the iron sights having appalling recoil (largely straight up, but with enough vicious side-to-side recoil to prevent controlled spam of long-range targets) on the second bullet fired fully automatic or too quickly, with optics only suffering this after two bullets and not at all if fired semi-automatically.

The goal with this change was to prevent the PP90 outgunning **** Rifles, hence the ranged damage decrease, and prevent it rendering the PM-9 useless in close quarters. The goal was for the PM-9 to destroy in close quarters while being rendered absolutely useless unless your target is standing still and going to stay there while being fired at, although any optics drastically improve upon this. The PP90 largely retains its versatility, keeping it above the MP7 in close quarters, whether the MP7 has Rapidfire or not, and below it at range (since the MP7 is more accurate and effective at range).

________

Next, and lastly for this comparison section, the Striker and AA12.

The Striker is, just like the previous two weapons, utterly superior to the AA12. It's semi-automatic and can fire faster than the automatic AA-12. It is constantly more accurate. It has a bigger --far bigger with Extended Mags-- clip and is much more dangerous overall.

I propose that the Striker maintains its strength as a somewhat-ranged shotgun but the AA-12 replaces it as the close-quarters shotgun of choice. The Striker does not benefit from the much larger spread at close quarters, whereas the AA-12 does and does not get the tighter cone of fire from the Range Proficiency, although its range is increased. I propose a damage buff to the Striker, with the Damage Proficiency having less of an effect, for an overall damage buff both with and without Damage (15% extra damage to the base weapon and my change means that instead of +20% from Damage, you get +10%, giving you +15% damage without Damage and + 25% damage while using the Damage Proficiency). The AA-12 will also be buffed, damage-wise, so that even with its extreme spread, it kills in one shot at point-blank range and two slightly further than that, though it will suffer extremely harshly at anything further than short range, and short range is also shorter for it than it is now. The clip size will be reduced with the Striker and the reload rate will be buffed, and the reload rate will be decreased for the AA-12 and the clip size will be doubled as standard, increasing to 2.5x what it is now with Extended Mags. The total ammunition given to you, however, is only two clips of spare ammunition and what's already loaded. The fire rate for the AA-12 will also be buffed significantly and will be decreased lightly for the Striker.

The Striker will move out of its current place as the dominant close-range Shotgun and be replaced by the AA-12, and the AA-12 will move into, and be restricted to, the same niche. Slowing the Striker's rate of fire forces it to be less suited for close-quarters combat than the AA-12, but buffing the damage and maintaining its current accuracy keeps it good, but not guaranteed single-shot material, against slightly longer-ranged targets. It needs fewer shells to kill its intended targets than it does now, but they're fired slower and it's more suited to this specific niche, balancing it out overall.

The AA-12 will cover direct encounters easily but functions very poorly beyond that, peppering enemies to death very inefficiently. It also has lots of ammunition, though this is mainly for insurance at close-quarters and not to shred targets at longer range like the Striker does now. The Striker will be more efficient at longer ranges and will still kill, as all shotguns do, in one shot at close quarters. It cannot, however, overwhelm enemies at close quarters and fill in the longer-range role.

This concludes the balancing of the weapons I've identified as critically lacking and their superior counterparts.

________

The benchmark weapons in Modern Warfare 3 are, as mentioned before, the ACR 6.8, SCAR and MP7. These are weapons that are distinctly more useful and versatile than their counterparts for a number of reasons. Though they aren't overpowered, as the previous weapons are, they outclass other weapons and render many of them too weak and too specific to be worth using. Some of these may be changed throughout this section but changes will largely be minor as the goal is to make other weapons comparable by strengthening them rather than weakening the benchmark.

The weapons most in need of improvement are as follows: The AK-47, FAD, G36C, M4 Carbine, CM901, MP5, all Light Machine Guns, the Skorpion and the Glock.

The AK47 needs regular recoil much like the Barrett and AS50, which regularly recoil straight up and right. Their recoil is also capped at a certain point, which I'd again apply to the AK. It would recoil directly up quite aggressively and cap off at a moderate height though tapping the trigger would remain highly accurate and unaffected. I also propose that the iron sights are cleared up significantly, with the targeting circle being both larger and clearer, with the blocks beside it being lowered in height. Recoil would be minimal if slowly fired semi-automatically, but would jump aggressively on the second bullet. I would keep the damage at three bullets to kill at both close and long range, with the idea here being to make it easier to kill targets at longer ranges, though only if the weapon is kept extremely controlled.

The FAD should not be outgunned at long range with how weak and vulnerable it is at short range, so I propose decreasing the recoil and drift for this weapon by about 15-20%. Tapping the trigger is much less worthwhile with this weapon than it is with other weapons, such as the ACR and G36C, so I propose buffing how it acts at long range. It would retain all other stats, including the slow draw time, because this is a weapon that would benefit from having secondaries equipped for close quarters combat.

The G36C would only have a moderate decrease in recoil, and wouldn't recoil so badly on the third bullet it fires semi-automatically. The rear iron sights would be circular as to make it a little more useful at medium to long range and onwards. This weapon is largely functional, but slowly firing semi-automatically still occasionally results in the weapon bouncing up severely, limiting its effectiveness as a medium/medium-long range **** rifle. It would retain its other stats.

The M4 Carbine would keep its circular recoil, much like the FAD, but would recoil slightly less and drift more. The decrease in recoil would be lessened when the weapon is equipped with optics. It would also do the same damage as the ACR at both short and long range. The idea here is to give it a little more power in close quarters, where it would barely outgun the ACR due to a higher rate of fire, but encourage its use in close to medium quarters where optics are not required, which would also keep the ACR superior at longer ranges.

The CM901 would drift very little and recoil quite aggressively, along with retaining its current close-quarters prowess. The minimal drift would allow for long-range targeting, allowing semi-automatic fire to take out distant targets. I'd also lower the angle at which you aim down the sights as it's currently very awkward. It's as though the rear sights are mounted too high and you don't so much look straight along the weapon as you do with the ACR and other weapons.

There are only minor improvements to be made to these weapons because they're all very good and largely functional.

________

Next are the weapons in need of a lot more care and love, because these really don't work so well.

All Light Machine Guns are harshly penalised in many areas in order to make them fit the role they're supposed to have, but it doesn't work well on MW3's maps and they have no chance against SMG rushers.

I propose improving their default draw time a small amount, removing the penalty for firing or aiming while moving, decreasing the drift by a moderate amount --removing it almost entirely when crouched or prone-- and making them recoil in a different fashion. Also, polish the iron sights up significantly... the L86 has fine iron sights, for example, but the M60 and MG36 have impractically bad sights and desperately need new sights. Keep the movement speed they have currently (80 or 85%, I believe) to keep them in a slower, supporting role but otherwise, these need a huge buff.

Aside from these parameters, different weapons need particular improvements.

The MG36 is fairly well done but could to with a tighter, more circular recoil pattern that gets out of hand quickly, though only within a moderate circle when fired automatically and can stay how it currently reacts to being fired semi-automatically or in bursts. Iron sights desperately need a polish.

The MK46 could do primarily with less bulky iron sights as they obscure a massive portion of your screen. The rear sights are too bulky and the material flanking the sights needs to be removed or decreased significantly.

The L86 has decent iron sights but needs to have recoil more similar to the other Light Machine Guns rather than the PM-9 (when the L86 is aimed down the iron sights). It needs more extreme recoil in a larger circle to balance out its extreme rate of fire and close quarters efficiency. It would also benefit from the iron sights used in Modern Warfare 2.

The PKP Pecheneg is largely fine, serving the same purpose as the MG36 and L86, although it desperately needs to have the front and rear iron sights tied together a lot more, and the same problem is present with an optic sight. Aiming to the far left or right makes the rear sights obscure the front sights, making accuracy more difficult to maintain.

Lastly, the M60. The M60 serves a different role to the others, being a very long-ranged support weapon more than the others because it maintains accuracy with a slow fire rate. I would increase this weapon's damage by one bullet at long range, so that it kills in two at close range and three at long range as the fire rate is too slow to allow for comparable kill times at long range, particularly given the weapon's lack of flexibility. As mentioned earlier, however, it does need better iron sights. Like the other Machine Guns, however, it would be much more functional with the general improvements above.

Joining the Light Machine Guns in their need for more severe --or more explained-- fixes are the MP5, Dragunov, Skorpion and the Glock.

The Dragunov would have the same damage as the RSASS and have regular recoil off to the left, similar to the Barrett .50 and AS50. I'd also decrease its recoil and have Kick do so further.

The MP5 is a gun I find could be good, and should be good, but isn't. It has too much recoil to succeed against someone at long range, particularly not if they're shooting at you, and this carries over to the optic sights too. I would reduce the recoil for this weapon, reduce the rate of fire to compensate while leaving Rapidfire as effective as it is and as an option in order to prevent crippling it in close quarters. The main problem is how it recoils viciously off the first bullet, as opposed to having a gradual climb for the first two or three bullets and increasing dramatically after those, because it cripples the gun's efficiency at anything other than point blank range, where the Shotguns, PM-9 and PP90 are superior. To also compensate for the recoil decrease, I'd increase the hipfire spread by a marginal amount to encourage the use of this weapon aimed down the sights.

The Skorpion is a surprising weapon. It has a low fire rate, low damage, low clip size and I can't find anything good about it, other than high accuracy when fired from the hip. Even then, however, the MP9's are superior, the Glocks are far superior and the FMG's are currently God's Own Sidearm (reference, anyone? From a pre-2000 computer game). It is OK at shooting opponents too slow to react or from behind, but any weapon can do that. I would improve this weapon by buffing its fire rate a little bit and increasing its accuracy when aimed down the sights. I'd also decrease its draw time and/or have it decrease the time it takes to put away your other weapon.

I'd keep the rate of fire and accuracy inferior to the MP9, but I'd optimise the iron sights and increase its accuracy fired when aimed down the sights.

Lastly, the G18. It's a good weapon at absolutely point blank range but has a tiny clip size, awful ADS, limited total ammunition and absolutely minimal range. I would increase its ammunition capacity by five bullets and marginally improve the hipfire spread to allow for a slightly longer range, but otherwise these fill their niche rather well. They're just very limited to that niche and can't do much else.

To balance the FMG9's out, I'd lower their ammunition capacity and reload speed. They have limited accuracy so they only clear out rooms in relatively short range (though much greater range than the Glocks) but they're still extremely powerful and reload quickly. I propose keeping the same deadly effectiveness that they have but reducing their effectiveness against multiple enemies.

I would decrease their ammunition in the clip by a significant amount (from 32 to 22, for example) and increase the reload time by about 1.2x. The goal here is to keep their aggressive, charging application fully functional, but prevent you from being able to effectively charge three or four enemies with average accuracy.

________

Last among the weapons are the Handguns. All of the Handguns are rendered obsolete by the fact that it's much more difficult to get damage and bullets out at a target accurately when compared to the Machine Pistols and some of them are hindered severely by their weaknesses, such as the Desert Eagle. It's also very difficult to take several targets out effectively, which the Machine Pistols can accomplish easily.

I've really enjoyed using the Handguns in local Survival, but there's no lag offline and the enemies are far inferior to actual players. The P99 is a great pistol, while the Five Seven and USP are also excellent. The .44 Magnum is a great weapon too, though restricted to a more limited range and the Desert Eagle and MP412 are, overall, very poor.

The damage for the Handguns is fine at a three-shot-kill for the all of them at close quarters and a two-shot-kill at close quarters for the Desert Eagle, P99, MP412 and .44 Magnum if one bullet hits the target in the chest.

However, to combat their obvious drawbacks compared to the Machine Pistols, I propose accuracy upgrades, primarily. I would halve the hipfire spread for the P99, USP45 and Five Seven, while reducing the hipfire spread by 35% or so for the Desert Eagle, .44 Magnum and MP412. This would allow for easier fire at opponents, where Handguns can't compete against Machine Pistols.

I'd also increase the rate of fire for all Handguns to the P99 or Five Seven's current rate, so that you can fire as fast as you can pull the trigger, along with drastically reducing the recoil for the Desert Eagle. The reload speed for the MP412 would also be increased because it offers nothing special above the other Handguns, particularly not with these theoretical changes. Draw speed would be increased so that they could be brought up earlier and having them equipped would also reduce the time it takes to put away other weapons.

I'd swap the .44 Magnum's sound for a louder, sharper crack and give the Desert Eagle the sound that the .44 Magnum currently has, along with making the Desert Eagle's recoil largely visual, making it reset to almost neutral between shots. This would let the weapon feel heavier and as though it had appropriate recoil, but it wouldn't put it at such a ridiculous disadvantage to the other Handguns. Other traits would remain the same to distinguish the various Handguns.

________

Last for this post are miscellaneous changes I'd make.

-- I'd give Attack Helicopters a set of flares and increase the points they give you by 1.5x. I'd triple the points that shooting down UAV's gets you as well (150 as opposed to 50), and increase the points that shooting down a Reaper gets you by 1.5x. I would also add another set of Flares to the Reaper. All of these changes, however, would apply only to manually shooting air support down. The AC-130 would gain another set of flares for three total. Using the SAM Turret to destroy a Killstreak would not earn you any more points than you get now.

-- Scavenger Pro would allow you to replenish two Stinger missiles and GLM-20 grenades, along with one RPG, XM-25, Javelin and SMAW projectile. You can also replenish Lethal Grenades --though not Claymores or Bouncing Betty-- mines at a rate of one per ammo pack. You cannot receive more rifle grenades. This is because Stun Grenades and Flashbangs are often more dangerous than Frags or Semtex and consistently being blinded by tactical grenades wouldn't be fun.

-- All **** and Support Killstreak rewards would reward you with 2.5x the points for being called in.

-- I would increase the Attack Helicopter's accuracy, though not damage, and restrict the AH-6 from firing at anyone outside a very wide circle around it, though it would fire at enemies it could fire at more aggressively. I would give it one set of flares deployed as soon as a homing projectile is launched at it, and have it fly very low to the ground. It would also gain extra damage resistance against bullet damage. The Pavelow would also gain another set of flares. You get 600 points for shooting a Pavelow down, but it would prioritise anti-air targets much more aggressively and ignore Blind Eye or Blind Eye Pro.

-- I would have the Precision Airstrike deploy immediately. As soon as you select a location for the airstrike, the planes are heard and the first bombs land before you've raised your weapon again. The planes also drop bombs in quicker succession than they do now, to allow for much more accurate and effective placement.

-- I would optimise Host Migration logic and have Host Migration initiate much earlier than it currently does, as it often swaps Host a few kills from the end of a match and this would be much better earlier in the game.

-- Extreme Conditioning allows you to sprint for twice as long as you can now. Extreme Conditioning Pro takes half as long to achieve and prevents you ever having to lower your weapon when climbing objects, including ladders.

-- Hardline Pro allows you to convert an enemy's Explosive Decoy to a standard, random Care Package reward and you would be awarded 200 points for doing so.

-- The Attachments Proficiency would allow you to equip two attachments to your secondary weapon, assuming it isn't a Launcher. As such, Attachments would be raised from the level 12 unlock it is now to level 16.

-- Variable Zoom would be unlocked much earlier than it currently is for all Sniper Rifles, and an option in each class would allow you to set the default zoom level for your own personal preference.

-- Blast Shield Pro would prevent you from being totally blinded by a Flashbang.

-- The Osprey Gunner would quickly hover to drop off the Care Packages, then it would quickly fly around the map more like Black Ops' Chopper Gunner.

-- EMP would remove the mini-map from users who are equipped with Assassin Pro, though it wouldn't do anything else. It will interrupt a M.O.A.B. if called in after the M.O.A.B. is announced and cause it to eliminate everyone on the map and the person who called it in, rather than just the intended team.

-- A Juggernaut Care Package will create an **** Juggernaut, not a Recon Juggernaut, and the probability of receiving Juggernaut from a Care Package will be lowered accordingly.

________

Four thousand, seven hundred words later, I'm finished. This is what I would do to improve Modern Warfare 3. Thanks for reading and I hope you found it interesting : )

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Imma shotgun fan and only read the shotgun bit, here's my opinion:

-

Simply, the AA-12 should have the exact same stats as it's MW2 counter part. 2 Shot kill at a decent range.

WOW ........... you werent kidding long!

Any how I'll try to respond to a little, starting with the smgs and ars ............. Those I really have no issues whatsoever. Even in the t95 vs m16 debate. My reasoning for this is something I keep saying, yet many disagree with. Each weapon has its own unique properties ........ and should.

Many want to choose their tactic and pick any weapon to fit it. I highly disagree with that. You should have to adjust tactics slightly to fit any weapon. And in that case I think the ars and smgs are balanced quite well. To hit the t95/m16 debate, I'm more of a medium/long range battle kinda guy...... at least when it comes to ars. I'll take the m16 over the t95 any day.At medium range its equal to the t95 and at long range its better.  Close range no doubt the t95 is better, but if I want a close range weapon, I'll chose a full auto,  fast firing, high mobility smg.

There are those overlap weapons, .......... and thats where the t95 fits. They always have a couple weapons that span two different fields. This seems to cause the most complaints..... but it relly shouldnt. I consider the t95, bo famas, mw2 ump all in this class of weapons. They generally have advantages outside their class, yet also have some disadvantages within. And the example here ..... the t95 is utter crap at range ..... especially if you put a silencer on it.

Lmgs ............... They are meant to be slow, bulky and somewhat inaccurate. Not useful at clsoe quarters. Thats just the way they should be. I do agree they have issues though but imo its strictly a damage issue.

An lmg should be higher damage than any ar or smg ..... or at least equal in damage to the best in those other 2 classes.

Shotguns ................. well I've been concentrating on getting 1000 kills with each and am on the striker now. Its not quite the magicall death machine that I felt it was beeing on the recieving end. Even with its high fire rate its pretty inconsistent. I frequently give an enemy 2 or 3 blasts at close range, turn to confront the next enemy and realize the last one is still standing

I do think that the pump and single fire shottys should be a little fatsre firing. I think this alone would balance out the shotgun class fairly well.

Most of the rest of what you said I think is 100% opinion. Not saying its wrong ........ but not saying its right either.

I will say as far as the jug goes ......... the support jug is a support jug, and its fine at that. People already complain that assault ks's dont belong in the support class. I'm fine with whatever here personally. I just imagine that would be a cause for complaints.

My addition .............. explosives should do more damage. 402 said they weakened the explosives to give more to gunbattles .................. but then we have tons of killstreaks that puts that statement right along side the "f you last stand" remark

The thing about the TYPE 95 is, when your killed by it, its like you just been sniped, instant drop, like a one hit KO. Its the only AR/SMG in the game that does that.

[quote user="Inf3rnite"]

The thing about the TYPE 95 is, when your killed by it, its like you just been sniped, instant drop, like a one hit KO. Its the only AR/SMG in the game that does that.

[/quote]

That is true part of the time, and its what gives the gun such a reputation. But I've watched many killcams where the user took 4 or 5 bursts to get me. people just dont pay as much attention to those killcams........... they just look at the ones like you meantioned.

But I've had the same death experiences frequently with the m16 and mk14 .............. and occasionally with other ars when lag is a factor.

The Type 95 isn't overpowered if you use it without rapid fire, its with rapid fire where it becomes a tad too good. If that option wasn't available for the Type95, maybe people won't complain then.

I doubt that .

People started complaining before most of them unlocked ti and had a chance to use it .... or even see it's use much.

The instant people were able to see the damge chart on it they started. And as long as it kills in 2 hits ..... even though its a 3 burst weapon .......... they will complain.

Persoanlly ... dead is dead ...... it doesnt matter to me if I get kiled by 2 bullets from a single burst or 3 bullets from a single burst ....... or even if its 4 from an ar.

The only thing that really matters to me is that I died, and what I could have doen to prevent it. Choosing the enemy's weapon is not something I could have done.

great thread chain smoking bob I can agree with most of the stuff you have stated.

I only got a problem with the LMGs. I fell in love with them in BF and would like to use them more in CoD. However, they seem to do so low damage and that plus the slow movement and reload times with them make them one of the most useless guns I've ever seen in any game. Also, the maps are heavily against the lmg users. LMGs require a bigger area since they're definitely no CQB guns. In BF that problem is easily avoided but in CoD games there's no real solution to the issue. Threfore I think that if there has to be LMGs they should be something in between ARs and LMGs instead of pure LMGs like M60 or PKP. Something like the AUG in MW2 would be fine.

How many cigarettes did you go through writing that post?  Like a carton?

^^No kidding!  So much time invested in a videogame forum, must be a slow Friday.