What I want from Ghosts...

I for one am fully aware that the game has not been released. That being said I do not 100% know exactly what is already in the game and what isn't. These are simply my opinionated wishes for the game that are solely based off of the content revealed so far. These suggestions are not in any particular order, so don't think that these are arranged in order of importance to me. Without further ado, some things that should be added to Ghosts: 1. Demolition After watching a lot of videos on YouTube regarding the included game modes, I've come to the conclusion that Demolition was removed. I do not know why, but I really do not appreciate this. I have loved Demo since MW2, and if the number of players on all Demo playlists in the past games are anything to go by, a lot of other people love it too. 2. No throwing knives in Infected It is not hard at all to swarm and infect enemies in this mode, and with that plus the removal of glitching in MW3, I have to say that adding throwing knives to Infected was a terrible idea. It utterly ruined the game. Swarm. That is what zombies do. They don't throw random objects at humans that magically infect them. 3. Ability to use custom classes in Infected Not too overpowered really. Set classes in MW3's variant was the other change that turned me off from playing it. 4. Large open maps With the power of the new consoles, it could be possible again to bring back larger map designs from the old days. That was true Call of Duty. Plus those maps (Overgrown, Pipeline, Seelow, etc.) still had plenty of CQC action that the newer generation is for some reason so infatuated with. 5. Theater I'm pretty sure theater isn't coming back? Not sure why. Maybe to make room for other additions, but it will be missed. 6. Color customization for reticles I LOVED my blue dot sight in Black Ops. More precise in my opinion than red. 7. Night maps and/or night variants of maps A night variant of Whiteout. That is all I'm saying. That also might be a justification to bring back night-vision for MP. 8. DLC packs featuring returning maps, weapons or camouflages A CoD4 Desert Eagle? Pipeline? Party Rock? I'd pay for that. 9. Hardpoint I didn't love it as much as Demolition, but it was still fun. And King of the Hill is a **** mode in any game! Treyarch adopted Demo, a mode founded by IW. Why can't IW return the favor? 10. More modes in Hardcore I remember back in the day that the reason for HC never being on par with the Core playlist in terms of number of modes available, was because the matchmaking service could be slowed as a result. Could the next-gen transition mitigate this? I would love HC S&R and HC Blitz. 11. DLC that is worth my money Every single map in CoD4 was great. Every single map in MW3 was awful and deserved to be erased from existence, including the DLC. If Infinity Ward could set the true gold-standard for CoD maps back in 2007, why not now? 12. Better spawn system This speaks for itself. Over the years the spawn system has gotten increasingly worse. Maybe this has been intentional to increase the pace of the gameplay? Who knows, but it is a real issue. Pushing against a team is a familiar part of a team game. It doesn't really work when even the smallest push causes the entire enemy team to pop up right behind you. 13. More creative map structure Maps today are very predictable. Especially for Search. Put this to mind. Nuketown, Dome, Hardhat, Hijacked, Carrier, Slums, etc... They all have more or less the same structure. A path on the left. A path on the right. A path down the middle. Now why do people like these maps? They are stale and repetitive. Maybe because all the maps are SMALL AS ####? Maybe. IW, you can create a fun, fast-paced game without having players breathe down each others' necks and drop dead every five seconds. Look at CoD4. Just saying. 14. Innovation Now I'm not saying Ghosts isn't innovative. On the contrary it is the most innovation I've seen in a CoD game in years, but some areas still lack. Such as maps. Strike Zone for example looks like more of a headache than fun. 15. Custom emblems You can do it too. Just because Treyarch did it doesn't mean you can't. The idea doesn't belong to them. 16. Bayonets for the marksman rifles Yeah seriously haha. I loved these in WaW. 17. Gameplay against bots Maybe Squads offers this I'm not sure. If not it would be great. As you can see from the Xbox One backlash, not everyone can play online. 18. Keep lag to the smallest minimum Maybe dedicated servers offers this. Too often have I been shot dead in a doorway when I already passed it two seconds prior. Too many have my grenades or rockets not been thrown or fired even though I saw the action completed prior to death. 19. Hitmarkers in campaign I'm sure that the campaign once again lacks hitmarkers, if the YouTube videos are correct. That is very sad. I actually enjoy playing campaign, but very little. That changed in Black Ops 2 because Treyarch finally got wise and added something so easy. If it is again lacking hitmarkers I'll be quite disappointed. These are just a few issues I can think of off the top of my head. I realize the game has probably already been completed, but some of these things CAN be fixed. The DLC packs probably aren't finished yet, the modes can be changed, etc. Again these are merely opinionated concepts. You don't have to agree, but I'm sure a lot of these will be agreed with. At least I hope. Change is supposed to be good.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Holy crap, long post. But yes, Demo does seem to be removed. Infected is infected, NOT zombies. But again I agree they shouldn't have throwing knives especially since the good spots get death barriers after a little while. Custom classes in infected I could take or leave. Theater is removed which is a shame for people who play competitively and like to watch their matches back. I've always been a fan of night maps too. I don't agree with camo DLC nor "re-imagined" maps, it's lazy. That's as far as I was able to get before I got bored and didn't read anymore.

China wants their wall back, but anyways, just play CoD4 if you want all CoD4 stuff? IW is not and will not be what they were when they made CoD4. The "brains" of IW and CoD4 left and made their own company called Respawn entertainment. Respawn is making a game to be released with the next gen systems and its called Titanfall, look it up, thats the guys that made CoD4.

Tl:dr but with regards to Theater,Xbox One has a built in DVR,No Theater needed.360 users won't be able to watch back though.

I know about West and Zampella. And Respawn. And Titanfall. Common knowledge. IW could be what they used to be. They have plenty of experience without the old CEOs and a great title to take inspiration from.

And why not play CoD4? It's six years old, barely populated, and a new console is coming out. Rather obvious. I don't want all CoD4 stuff. Read the post if you're confused.

Also why post in here if you won't even read? It is such laziness that doesn't get ideas around. If you're on the Xbox forum you have plenty of time to read a couple paragraphs.

But see you call it a couple of paragraphs when all it is is one giant blob of random information/opinions. Look at your original post and tell me it doesn't give you a headache just looking at it. You should have used bullets or added spaces in between sections. Like this

--

It makes it much more enjoyable to actually read the whole thing. Not to mention most people don't want to read a page long complaint thread about various things in CoD.

See that's just it though I did that. I'm a veteran of a few forums and I structure my stuff. This time I also did that. But I didn't know that this forum has the amazing effect of jumbling all of your words together and ignoring your spaces. Another amazing effect is the inability to edit posts after like five minutes. Pretty sad that the official forum of the best console gaming company can't be upgraded a bit. And it isn't a complaint thread. It's a suggestion thread for some pretty basic stuff. Read. It'll make sense.

BTW, CoD is NOT going to "change". Its been the same EXACT thing for 10 years now and if you think Ghost is "changing" anything, you are a lost little sheep. Its CoD, it is what it is. Play it or not, who cares, there will be 22 million other people playing, and..........................they ALL have opinions too, but lets just hope all 22 million dont come to these forums and start threads with them.

Here is the OP's post with the proper structure, Xbox forum friendly.

I'll add my views later - I'm dead tired to read a wall of text.

[quote user="Gigante Mental"]I for one am fully aware that the game has not been released. That being said I do not 100% know exactly what is already in the game and what isn't. These are simply my opinionated wishes for the game that are solely based off of the content revealed so far. These suggestions are not in any particular order, so don't think that these are arranged in order of importance to me. Without further ado, some things that should be added to Ghosts:

1. Demolition After watching a lot of videos on YouTube regarding the included game modes, I've come to the conclusion that Demolition was removed. I do not know why, but I really do not appreciate this. I have loved Demo since MW2, and if the number of players on all Demo playlists in the past games are anything to go by, a lot of other people love it too.
  2. No throwing knives in Infected It is not hard at all to swarm and infect enemies in this mode, and with that plus the removal of glitching in MW3, I have to say that adding throwing knives to Infected was a terrible idea. It utterly ruined the game. Swarm. That is what zombies do. They don't throw random objects at humans that magically infect them.
  3. Ability to use custom classes in Infected Not too overpowered really. Set classes in MW3's variant was the other change that turned me off from playing it.
  4. Large open maps With the power of the new consoles, it could be possible again to bring back larger map designs from the old days. That was true Call of Duty. Plus those maps (Overgrown, Pipeline, Seelow, etc.) still had plenty of CQC action that the newer generation is for some reason so infatuated with.
  5. Theater I'm pretty sure theater isn't coming back? Not sure why. Maybe to make room for other additions, but it will be missed.
  6. Color customization for reticles I LOVED my blue dot sight in Black Ops. More precise in my opinion than red.
  7. Night maps and/or night variants of maps A night variant of Whiteout. That is all I'm saying. That also might be a justification to bring back night-vision for MP.
  8. DLC packs featuring returning maps, weapons or camouflages A CoD4 Desert Eagle? Pipeline? Party Rock? I'd pay for that.
  9. Hardpoint I didn't love it as much as Demolition, but it was still fun. And King of the Hill is a badass mode in any game! Treyarch adopted Demo, a mode founded by IW. Why can't IW return the favor?
  10. More modes in Hardcore I remember back in the day that the reason for HC never being on par with the Core playlist in terms of number of modes available, was because the matchmaking service could be slowed as a result. Could the next-gen transition mitigate this? I would love HC S&R and HC Blitz.
  11. DLC that is worth my money Every single map in CoD4 was great. Every single map in MW3 was awful and deserved to be erased from existence, including the DLC. If Infinity Ward could set the true gold-standard for CoD maps back in 2007, why not now?
  12. Better spawn system This speaks for itself. Over the years the spawn system has gotten increasingly worse. Maybe this has been intentional to increase the pace of the gameplay? Who knows, but it is a real issue. Pushing against a team is a familiar part of a team game. It doesn't really work when even the smallest push causes the entire enemy team to pop up right behind you.
  13. More creative map structure Maps today are very predictable. Especially for Search. Put this to mind. Nuketown, Dome, Hardhat, Hijacked, Carrier, Slums, etc... They all have more or less the same structure. A path on the left. A path on the right. A path down the middle. Now why do people like these maps? They are stale and repetitive. Maybe because all the maps are SMALL AS ####? Maybe. IW, you can create a fun, fast-paced game without having players breathe down each others' necks and drop dead every five seconds. Look at CoD4. Just saying.
  14. Innovation Now I'm not saying Ghosts isn't innovative. On the contrary it is the most innovation I've seen in a CoD game in years, but some areas still lack. Such as maps. Strike Zone for example looks like more of a headache than fun.
  15. Custom emblems You can do it too. Just because Treyarch did it doesn't mean you can't. The idea doesn't belong to them.
  16. Bayonets for the marksman rifles Yeah seriously haha. I loved these in WaW.
  17. Gameplay against bots Maybe Squads offers this I'm not sure. If not it would be great. As you can see from the Xbox One backlash, not everyone can play online.
  18. Keep lag to the smallest minimum Maybe dedicated servers offers this. Too often have I been shot dead in a doorway when I already passed it two seconds prior. Too many have my grenades or rockets not been thrown or fired even though I saw the action completed prior to death.
  19. Hitmarkers in campaign I'm sure that the campaign once again lacks hitmarkers, if the YouTube videos are correct. That is very sad. I actually enjoy playing campaign, but very little. That changed in Black Ops 2 because Treyarch finally got wise and added something so easy. If it is again lacking hitmarkers I'll be quite disappointed.

These are just a few issues I can think of off the top of my head. I realize the game has probably already been completed, but some of these things CAN be fixed. The DLC packs probably aren't finished yet, the modes can be changed, etc. Again these are merely opinionated concepts. You don't have to agree, but I'm sure a lot of these will be agreed with. At least I hope. Change is supposed to be good.

[/quote]

That's how I typed it. Shame it didn't turn out that way.

Also, don't start with the disrespect because of the anonymity of being behind a computer screen. You're the lost sheep if you think that Ghosts is the same as the original CoD. That's like comparing apples to oranges. Maybe if you could read, which is an easy feat even if the original post didn't turn out correct, you'd see these are opinions. Not demands. Don't like them? Get the #### out. Makes no difference to me if a kid who think CoD hasn't changed doesn't like my criticism.

no cod will ever be as good as mw1