What happens when you download a game from Marketplace?

Hi,

I'm sure this has been asked before but I can't find it sorry. Basically, I am thinking of downloading a games from the marketplace (my first one) but I want to find out if the game will only be playable by the account that downloads the game.

I have two accounts on the one XBox (mine and my son). If I was to download the game under my account would my son be able to access the game when he is logged into the XBox at a later time?

Thanks

Craig (SpatialPig)

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

[Sorry, replied in wrong browser tab.]

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If your current console dies or you purchase a new one for whatever reason.  You would need to do a license transfer for your gamertag.  Then you can redownload all your content and it will be available to everyone on that console again.  You are only allowed to do license transfers once per year.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there,

Thanks for the answer. So if the Xbox I originally download it to was to die for whatever reason am I able to redownload the game to a new Xbox? Would this then be available to the other GT's that are on this box?

Thanks

Sorry this didn't help.

When you download a game from the Marketplace it is tied to the GT that downloaded it and to the console it was downloaded to. Now, so long as you do not change consoles, the other accounts on that console will be able to use the content, avatar items excluded. If you go to a friends house and use your GT on that so long as you are signed into XBL you can use that content there as well (you would just need to download it to that console). Once you log off or remove your GT from that console that content will no longer be accessible until you login again on it.

I hope this has helped. Any further questions please feel free to ask.

Sorry this didn't help.