What happened to the good old days of rubber bands and tape?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

He should get his gamerscore reset, lol.

ha thats nuts cheevo hunter !

Wow, The stupidest things that people do for achievements.....Somebody needs to get out of the house...

The article is misleading, there isn't an achievement for doing this, but it adds up to part of 2 achievements. the 30 onyx medals and all onyx medals and level 100 achievements.

Thats not really cheating...it's would be the same thing as if he actually pressed the button 2000 times over, this is just less time consuming/madding.

[quote user="Tatakai no Kami"]

The article is misleading, there isn't an achievement for doing this, but it adds up to part of 2 achievements. the 30 onyx medals and all onyx medals and level 100 achievements.

[/quote]Wrong, this construction was for getting an Onyx medal. It does lead to getting the achievement for all Onyx medals, but the one for getting 30 Onyx medals is also a medal and not an achievement. However, there would be an achievement for doing this if no other Onyx medals have been previously obtained. But yeah, it's misleading.

There's more wrong with the article. It mentions how it averages 34 button presses per minute. That number was simply derived from dividing 2000 by 60. If you watch the vid, it's more like 120 presses per minute.

Still takes more than an hour, not every piano "play session" counts towards the medal. More like every 3-5 times you play it.

[quote user="xEnvoy of Chaos"]

Thats not really cheating...it's would be the same thing as if he actually pressed the button 2000 times over, this is just less time consuming/madding.

[/quote]

^Exactly.

@OP In a sense this is towards the medal that leads to achievements. I admire his creativity but that is some commitment for a medal.

Right, especially for the easiest one in the game. I was more impressed by the robot I've seen once, it was built by some guy to help him play matches in PDZ for the 1000 ... matches played achievements.