What happened to hijacking heavy vehicles?

I mean really, you jump on a tank and the only options you have are to destroy it? Why can't I jump on a wraith, melee the driver to death and then take it for myself? As it is, you only get to grenade them or beat them until the vehicle is destroyed... Totally takes the fun out of stalking a tank to take it over.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 11 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Would be out of balanced.

What, you can't melee the Wraith until the player falls out to hijack it?

thought I saw the Mantis a get jacked, but it could've been that the guy jumped out before it was destroyed.

[quote user="Errick Akazawa"]

[/quote]

Not in my experience... even in campaign all you can do if you board a wraith is destroy it, either by melee or grenade. BTW, this turned a certain achievement... Mortardom, I think into nothing more than an exercise in frustration and ridiculousness that I finally gave up on.

The Wraith would rather be dead than run by you.

Nope, if you keep pounding the driver it just destroys the vehicle.

[quote user="A Blue Illusion"]

[quote user="Errick Akazawa"]

[/quote]

Not in my experience... even in campaign all you can do if you board a wraith is destroy it, either by melee or grenade. BTW, this turned a certain achievement... Mortardom, I think into nothing more than an exercise in frustration and ridiculousness that I finally gave up on.

[/quote]

In campaign, the best way to take a Wraith is to kill the gunner and hop in the gunner seat. This will cause the driver to get out. Then you just kill the driver, get out of the gunner seat and hop in the driver seat.

Maybe they should make it to where the driver can also melee.  If the hijacker can melee you certainly the driver should be able to too?

And if you think I'm wrong for thinking this then just watch that scene where Indiana Jones gets the truck hijacked.

Either way this needs to be fixed, a tank is a power weapon to be controlled. If one player can get in and board the vehicle they should be given the chance to take the tank for themselves.